Why does Master Of Puppets get the all the love?

Why does Master Of Puppets get the all the love?

Ride The Lightning and Kill ‘Em All are both better albums.

Attached: E2C223FB-3AFF-4108-8662-B2958DB7E41F.jpg (1425x1425, 508.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LSl54Bj2gbs
youtube.com/watch?v=4oKEcwl7bPY
youtube.com/watch?v=L29qulxpOBk
youtube.com/watch?v=hLVOA1HiFK4
youtube.com/watch?v=mDN8VPZh1e8
youtube.com/watch?v=fvffyhk1T0A
youtu.be/ReDCqZhteS0
youtu.be/fsnzGauKFoI
youtu.be/Ca0C11SCW10
youtu.be/JF0WduFBC68
youtu.be/FK_B9rwYwh8
youtu.be/O6upZUUhpIE
youtu.be/CFAW0pMB2kA
youtu.be/kxkyPi2QXms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ride The Lightning and Kill Em All weren't on Stranger Things.

>Why does Master Of Puppets get the all the love?
the title track mostly, which is really epic

Because it's dumbed down and easier on the ears

Wrong
Four Horsemen was, but nobody cares about KEA so nobody gave a shit

Four Horsemen (at least to me) is the first time Metallica showed their true potential as more than just a balls-to-the-wall thrash band. The song structure is winding and goes in different directions, like the songs on RTL or MOP, instead of just being a 3-minute thrash fest like everything else on KEA.

3-minute thrash fests are exactly what I liked about KEA
I don't care for 6-8-10 mins songs if it's just the same two riffs stretched out forever + ridiculous interludes
That sweet home alabama part in the four horsemen is just terrible, would have been my favorite on the album if they had cut that shit out

Have you heard the Megadeth version? It’s much faster and doesn’t have the Sweet Home Alabama part. Cliff Burton added that part.

It's more accessible.

Haven't heard much of Megadeth, I'll be honest
Heard some songs from Rust in Peace and one that I heard was written for Cliff
Musicianship was phenomenal but fuck me, can't get past the vocals

think of them as another instrument or listen till you form a "callous", Mustaine blew his peer out every time he released

Dave is a pretty bad singer and you have to listen to him sing about fucking a girl in a gas station instead of the apocalypse, but Mechanix is literally the same song as Four Horsemen except it’s faster and doesn’t have the Sweet Home Alabama section. I don’t remember if it has both guitar solos or not, but basically Dave wrote the song and Metallica changed the lyrics and made it longer after they fired him and released it as The Four Horsemen.

This version might give you the best of both worlds. It’s the original song and lyrics, but James Hetfield singing. This was before they fired Dave.
youtu.be/LSl54Bj2gbs

No. They're not.

It should've been Four Horsemen or Jump In the Fire

What this user said . It's much more watered down than their first two albums, but they were already pretty popular by the time it came out and this made them even bigger,

It's not as if there wasn't enough good metal to go around in 1986 either.
youtube.com/watch?v=4oKEcwl7bPY
youtube.com/watch?v=L29qulxpOBk
youtube.com/watch?v=hLVOA1HiFK4
youtube.com/watch?v=mDN8VPZh1e8
youtube.com/watch?v=fvffyhk1T0A

But no, MoP had to be the biggest metal album of the year instead.

Attached: front.jpg (1024x1014, 213.38K)

Change of lyrics was jarring as fuck to hear at first, and James sings pretty differently there, but vocals aside yes, that sounded a lot better to me
Looked up Megadeth's version afterward too, the lyrics were still very jarring because I'm used to a different rhythm, but the vocals didn't annoy me as much as they did in Rust in Peace and goddamn, that was even faster
Might give them another try after all, but I think I'll be listening to the rest of that demo now, got me curious
Thanks for posting, user
You learn something new everyday, I guess

Darkness Descends mogs pretty much everything that came out that year
That said, I'd add these too
youtu.be/ReDCqZhteS0
youtu.be/fsnzGauKFoI
youtu.be/Ca0C11SCW10
youtu.be/JF0WduFBC68
youtu.be/FK_B9rwYwh8
youtu.be/O6upZUUhpIE
youtu.be/CFAW0pMB2kA
youtu.be/kxkyPi2QXms
Which I personally find all more enjoyable than MoP
There's more too I'm probably forgetting, but point is, for this album to have been hailed as the best of thrash metal when it's not even the best album of 1986 nor the best of Metallica is just delusional

All three are great but Master Of Puppets has the biggest hits. Even if you think the other two you mentioned are better you must admit they’re all of similar quality.

It's because it's the most accessible
Justice the magnum opus

This. AJFA was their peak. They actually got better with each release in the 80s. Then sold out with the Black album

Justice is unironically worse than MoP
Metallica's albums followed a linear path of decreasing quality

>implying RTL and Kill em all don't get just as much love
I agree though