What's Any Forumss opinion on dungeon synth?

What's Any Forumss opinion on dungeon synth?

Attached: burzum-hlidskjalf-Cover-Art.png (600x520, 601.06K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lA10D0_9zko
youtube.com/watch?v=EmxfNait4nY
youtube.com/watch?v=VkhKrB-EMD0
youtube.com/watch?v=9CHKELE5Pgk&list=PLVy9eF1hKT8wxZO1kGkr80aa-mn9qEGHG&index=3
youtube.com/watch?v=qIM2LeUFbfU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mortiis is better.

"Dungeon synth" is a zoomer tourist word used to describe fantasy themed ambient music. Since that word got invented normals, plebs, poseurs, and all other variants of the johnny-come-lately crowd have utterly oversaturated the entire community making absolute dogshit funko-pop 'soomer trash, and ALWAYS just HAVING to make shitty "underground" cassette releases which they peddle to complete strangers on Brandcamp. The whole thing is so god damn embarrassing. I have many of the old 90s demos made by the real masters of fantasy themed ambient, and there's a major difference between them and the zoomer "dungeon synth" craze stamp collector shit sandwiches. Just STOP. STOP wasting resources on these gay ass cassette tapes and ridiculous vinyl "box sets". AS IF a fucking bedroom synth demo made by a philistine with no musical capabilities whatsoever needs a motherfucking 180 grain LP release complete with wooden box and hand numbed Dungeon ov Darkness Dragon Dildo™. STOP fucking re-re-re-re-REEEEEEE releasing the "classics" over and fucking over again. It's all fucking available on youtube for fucks sake. STOP peddling bandcamp artist's ""'limited""" editions on DiskZOGs for HUNDREDS of fucking dollars! They aren't even a decade old yet somehow are considered le "classics" and "pioneers". This meme craze has gotten way the fuck out of hand. Burzum is still rad though.

Attached: 1537226211705.jpg (172x293, 14.24K)

A pretty boring offshoot of black metal. There isn't really enough you can do with it to justify it being as big as it is. Once you've heard one release, you've heard most of them. It should have died in the 90s, 1 or 2 years after it was invented, but its bloated corpse as been kept around for talentless hipsters to imitate time and time again for "aesthetic" limited number cassette releases on bandcamp.

are we witnessing the birth of a new epic meme?

>What's Any Forumss opinion on dungeon synth?
Pretty much every dungeon synth project is made by people who had wet dreams of becoming the second Summoning but got filtered by inability to create some catchy riffs.

Holy kek

Attached: lol.png (499x338, 38.36K)

Some pretty good tracks, especially on the old-school variety.

Here's some recs for people interested in this genre.
youtube.com/watch?v=lA10D0_9zko
youtube.com/watch?v=EmxfNait4nY
youtube.com/watch?v=VkhKrB-EMD0
youtube.com/watch?v=9CHKELE5Pgk&list=PLVy9eF1hKT8wxZO1kGkr80aa-mn9qEGHG&index=3

Attached: lA10D0_9zko-SD.jpg (640x480, 44.68K)

yea, this
prolly the best DS project

that new wave of raw dungeon synth is pretty hilarious actually
youtube.com/watch?v=qIM2LeUFbfU

I don't understand the comparisons to black metal. The only thing I've heard people say is that they're both atmospheric, but so are many other genres. It sounds nothing like black metal to me, what am I missing?

gets old real fast

You know those synth intros n some black metal albums? That's basically it.

it's both made by daddy varg

mostly fucking shit aside from some prominent releases, none of which are by bumzur

Varg was a pioneer of neither synth nor black metal. Not even atmospheric synth.

Correct. He was 10 years late to the black metal party, and 20 years late to the ambient synth party.

I didn't say he invented it. Maybe it seemed like that because I said ''daddy'' for no reason. He was pretty young so there was no way for him to be early at the black metal party

Which 1982 album has better atmosphere and synths?

It's objectively good

Brian Eno - Ambient 4: On Land

honestly i might not like it if i didn't grow up with runescape. but i did...