All their albums suck

All their albums suck
Except this one, its amazing
It can be a little repetitive and "too long" but also very sovlful and pure kino for the most part

Attached: images (74).jpg (400x398, 15.45K)

You take that back, HAA is great driving music and worth revisiting

Attached: 1648283928193.jpg (500x510, 35.93K)

Does it have Get Lucky on it? No? Get fucked with your dumb opinions.

Thank you sir for providing one of these ‘dumb opinions’ yourself (yes, RAM is their weakest)

Attached: 1651518345824.gif (640x266, 3.26M)

Have to keep disagreeing user
"Harder better etc" is what technologic wish it could be
HAA is much more "industrial" like and relies more on repetitive stuff in both instrumental and vocal tracks, Discovery had a better balance between repetitive house stuff and actual songs if we could call that, with nice melodies
They tried to make some tracks more "emotional" but frankly they dont hit like the ones in Discovery

Nice way to out yourself as a normie

That’s not Homework

Homework is too housy
The tracks are not that interesting and go on for too long

All non-art and non-folk music is pop music, and if it doesn't reach the standards of quality of pop music that reaches the top 40, it's bad pop music, therefore bad music.
>looks at the current top 40
So pop music is dead. Listen to Beethoven, not this dreck.

What is your point my friend?
What does the definition of pop music (which is wrong by the way, what is not chamber music or folk music is mass music, art music is a meaningless term and pop is a genre inside of mass music) have to do with RAM being mediocre?

You're wrong and it's the ideal that the other albums should be compared to.

Go listen to Disco then, it has everything you're wanting from Discovery.
Based, i love HAA, few people manage to like it because of the grunginess, lack of melodies and the repetition. Television Rules The Nation, Steam Machine, Prime Time of Your Life, it's just full of great tracks.
>not that interesting
Or you didn't pay attention to the track or you simply don't like Electronic Music. Rollin' and Scratchin' has this analogic progression on the tone of the synth where there's always something one.

Attached: 1618775098568.jpg (533x532, 16.42K)

>there's always something new
fix'd

I dont think they are really comparable
To me Homework, Discovery and HAAl all follow the same vein, a feeling that is a mix of digital and analog, with Homework which shows potential but not yet ripe, Discovery being the pinnacle and HAAl being a leftover, where they tried to repeat what they did and fell flat
Then theres Trons soundtrack which people forget about because it is forgetable, which has a completely different feel to it, of futuritic void
Then RAM is a completely different ball game, might as well be another band. Is a pop record with a lot of synths and funk, but without the house influence of the earlier trilogy
The melodies are decent and so are the arrangements. As a pop album, its good. It lacks the freshness of Discovery, though

So it doesn't work as a genre album as much as the others do. I'm so tired of genre albums. Sure, with them you can better explore an aesthetic than you could in a glossy pop single, but hammering on a single aesthetic for an entire album is repetitive and can get excruciating. You can do all the experimentation and diversity you want on the album tracks of a record that also has your smash hit.

Im not saying its bad, but as I said it lacks the freshness
Discovery is very limited in its range but within that range they exploited and explored a lot of variations
RAM feels like
>ok we made it we can make anything now
It surely is very well thought out and it shows the care they put in it, but it lacks the passion and fun of Discovery, it feels more stiffed by their already consolidated position wothin the industry, almost decadent really, almost too self important but without that much substance to justify it

What some call lack of fun and freshness others call maturity and professionalism. With that though does come an air of egotism and pretentiousness which leads to overindulgent nonsense like a pop album being 75 minutes long. Not that it was out of form for this group. But the highs are so high so I'm conflicted. Is this a good album after all? Why am I even discussing this group?

I don't like the lyrics

>freshness
Discovery has no freshness, if anything the album is an evolution of the Disco, Pop, House influences that songs like Phoenix, Around The World or Fresh. They toned down their previous style that was based on the strong rhythms of Chicago and Detroit House in favor of Pop structures and a more accesible sonic palette. If anything it's commercial.

You said it is not fresh and went on to describe exactly what made it so fresh
I said exactly that, Homewrok had potential which Discovery developed, and you seem to agree
They werent doing common disco or house stuff, they had a distinct touch in the mix I mentioned of an analog and digital feeling
And its exactly that openeness to pop structures that make Discovery so great. It may be commercial as "more influenced by pop that Homework" but its the developement of their sonority which was already there as potential, and the combination of rigid and repetitive house with more melodic pop that contributes to Discovery freshness
I call decadence in that case, sorry, a fruit too ripe goes rot
Even bands with more substance than DaftPunk couldnt escape this. Yes for example, had a distinct sound, developed it, made their masterpiece CTTE, then comes Tales from Topographic Ocean which is masturbatory excess all around, and they still manage to have some freshness after that before going all dowhill to popland
My point is no band is safe from doing that, but Datf Punk didnt have enough substance to justify it or to come through the other end
Also now that Im writing this I realized RAM has sme hints of their distinct style but it seems like they stopped developing it, favoring a more generic vision of pop and 70s and 80s nostalgia music

I love Make Love. Unironically it might be a great song to...well...make love
>Implying any of us on this site ever had sex