Why do musicians do interviews if they don't want to?

Why do musicians do interviews if they don't want to?

Attached: SOAD.png (675x352, 339.68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wPIS257tvoA
youtu.be/21QK87jzwkQ?t=97
youtube.com/watch?v=yXF8Lhvjqa8
youtube.com/watch?v=CxeKJBhSlU4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Someone like Bob Dylan, for example, didn't need to promote or advertise himself. He granted interviews, yet he didn't want to share anything. Isn't it a dick move to do that to the press?
youtube.com/watch?v=wPIS257tvoA

Record labels forced them to do these interviews, and most of the interviewers were idiots or had an agenda, or they were fangirling over the artist
This is why new interviews/podcast are great because the interviewer actually knows about the band, and have interesting questions.

That chick was an atrocious interviewer, I distinctly remember her coming into those interviews as a massive edgelord. Artists that don't take themselves that seriously like SOAD and aren't up their own ass are any decent interviewer's dream.

>Record labels forced them to do these interviews,
Can they do that? Nobody forces game designers, authors, etc. to do interviews.

>had an agenda
Some things never change eh

They used to even the artists managers convinced them to do them, they invested on the artist so they needed them to sell and the machine believed that interviews meant more viewers and more records sold.
Nowadays I don’t think they do that

>Nowadays I don’t think they do that
yeah, instead they literally drain artists of their souls now

>Can they do that?
Yes of course they can

are you 12?

They don't, these guys were trying to be edgy and cool. Musicians who are actually introverted just hole up in their house all the time instead, and when they actually do a rare interview they're nice about it

youtu.be/21QK87jzwkQ?t=97

Still the best
youtube.com/watch?v=yXF8Lhvjqa8

>yeah, instead they literally drain artists of their souls now
Can you explain? Give an example

For Satan

You can see it in their eyes. Billie Eilish for example.

because sometimes it can turn out to be funny for them
youtube.com/watch?v=CxeKJBhSlU4

Attached: 7ba1ea6449ad16eb5bcafe3725e463bb--killswitch-engage-this-man.jpg (236x354, 20.3K)

Kek
I got a secret for you. There
are
no
shortcuts

It's always nice to see cool bands. Too many "Henry Rollins" out there

Of course this is still the case. It would be modernised now to include shit like social media, but absolutely any artist big enough would be contractually obligated to promote themselves in one way or another. Only when they're successful enough can they fuck around or blow off these sorts of duties without getting shitcanned. Funnily enough I recently heard a story about some pop singer crying about being hamstrung after not posting on Tiktok like they were supposed to.

Also it's the exact same thing with actors, I doubt a single one of them freely chooses to do film promotional tours for fun. It's part of their job.

There we answered ops question

But shouldn't it be on the directors/music producers since they do the behind the scenes work anyway?