Explain the difference between depressive suicidal black metal and blackgaze

Explain the difference between depressive suicidal black metal and blackgaze

Attached: 85b.png (1080x1266, 697K)

One makes you want to kill yourself because it's depressing, the other makes you want to kill yourself because it's too gay

Metal is cringe in any form. It is something made for immature people, both mentally and emotionally.

>depressive suicidal black metal
>doesn't sound depressive or suicidal
>just sounds like all other black metal, which is shit

Attached: 1533407010802.jpg (705x527, 246.83K)

Which is which

Attached: 1656200077956.png (625x682, 112.55K)

DSBM is like actually committing suicide, blackgaze is making a suicide attempt as a cry for attention

DSBM is a style, much like viking metal, where there isn't really a concrete sound to make it a subgenre, but deals with common lyrical themes and aesthetics about killing yourself.

tell me the difference and how to feel about these genres so I can live with myself :( lol

>depressive suicidal black metal
is a subgenre
>blackgaze
is a fusion

both sound cacophonic though

they sound different

Why would you admit to being a lowbrow consoomer who can’t into good music?

but isn't blackgaze also a subgenre too? never heard of a fusion genre that wasn't also considered a subgenre

>where there isn't really a concrete sound to make it a subgenre
how much have you heard? it definitely has a distinctive tone and also vocal style. it's less evil and aggressive sounding and more depressive (duh) and hypnotically repetitive

>but isn't blackgaze also a subgenre too?
fusion is when combined two or more different genres into one, like blackgaze/black death metal/black doom metal/post-black metal and etc. and subgenre is just a variation of the initial genre without combinations. it's just that people confuse these terms sometimes.

>black metal
>good music

>it's less evil and aggressive sounding and more depressive (duh) and hypnotically repetitive
Couldn't you describe atmospheric black metal almost the exact same way? Most DSBM is really just atmoshit but with lyrics about being sad instead of about forests and shit. Bands like Silencer, Bethleham or Abyssic Hate all have drastically different sounds from each other, even more so compared to more recent DSBM bands like Happy Days or Nocturnal Depression.

>>black metal
>>good music
completely agree with that; black metal indeed sucks, just like rap, pop and any other post-modernist bullshit.

urr durr black metal surf rock

Blackgaze is more "rocky" and less atmospheric. Depressive Suicidal BM is more atmospheric, usually. And you'll hear far, far less major chords in the latter.

that's a fair point, i was thinking you meant relative to trad BM. i still think DSBM tends to invoke more hopelessness and despair than ABM, but whether or not it's distinct enough to warrant a separate subgenre is debatable. i mean if there's a pop rock song that sounds melancholic and one that sounds upbeat they're not put into wholly different genres.