There's a whole generation that their first touch with rock music has been through this videogame

>there's a whole generation that their first touch with rock music has been through this videogame

Attached: Guitar-hero-iii-cover-image.jpg (255x380, 88.42K)

oh no.... the horror... youre only allowed to be exposed to new music through radio and mtv. everyone knows this.

videogames have influenced my taste in music more than this website or any algorithm

guitar hero got my emo hardcore metal fag friend to respect classic rock. is that a bad thing, op?

Literally me, found out about many great bands thanks to this game. Sometimes i wonder if i can complain about Zoomers finding about music on TikTok when most of my first contact with music came from a videogame, but how the fuck i was supposed to find out about music as a dumb 8 years old kid?
t.born in 1999

it's World Tour for me

Attached: 51lNHiX8PJL.jpg (354x500, 45.44K)

Which Guitar hero had the best line up and why was it this one?

THPS one of those games? i wouldnt know about Primus without the first game.

You could say the same thing about Tony Hawk's Pro Skater games and nobody would bat an eye because those soundtracks slapped.
The bonus track list also had some real gems hidden in it.

Guitar Hero 2 was better but got butchered by shitty covers.
Guitar Hero 3 has many songs by literal whos and that itself wouldn't be a problem if they weren't so bad or generic

underrated game. shit on cause its easy but it has so many good songs how can you not love it? i also love the beatles rock band lol

Attached: 958a8232-47d0-4033-bc47-a2426d9f31ba_1.fc708e1c8f32d539dbe6882afcd82a93.jpg (612x612, 56.13K)

The first song I ever remember hearing was smoke on the water on the first guitar hero. My dad had the game set up on a shitty little crtv. must have been 2005. would've only been 3 or 4 years old.

The covers aren't shitty, they are actually pretty good, specially the instrumental part. But they could only do so much and it's uncanny for people who already heard the original songs, i didn't minded as a kid.

yeah, i think when i was playing videogames as a kid my sister would pay more attention to the music than i did. so i remember lending her my ipod, and it was filled with tons of videogame music that she happened to hear while watching me play, among a shit load of other weird obscure music. Thats how I managed to discover a lot of my favorite artists like Atmosphere, inadvertently though my sister, and her through me and my videogames.

>rockband
>underrated
lol, wut? everybody knows its the best of these music games... what planet do you live on?

nothing wrong with that at all. it introduced loads of people to rock music and got and probably got millions of people to learn instruments

it was shit on upon release because of its association to EA and being declared just another guitar hero clone.

now you need to find the music director of all those games and personally thank them on twitter. its teh only way.

>must have been 2005. would've only been 3 or 4 years old.
i hate zoomers so fucking much

yeah well i beat Run to The Hills on expert drums

man that was almost a sentence. you tried!

I was born in 2000 and was introduced through rock from my family, radio like 94.9 in its prime, 91X, etc by 2003, it was too hard for a game for me as a 7 year old so i just watched my family have fun with it while I watched and played spongebob gamecube games and wii sports.
>t. Autistic

>it was shit on upon release
no it wasnt. and people hated activision just as much as EA back then.
>guitar hero clone
anybody who wasnt a zoomer knew rockband was made by Harmonix, the original guitar hero devs. everyone preferred rockband (in the US atleast). you just lived in some gay area and all your friends were gay zoomers. you dont know the actual truth. you are sheltered.

>shit on cause its easy
that engine fuckin sucks to play on, no hyperspeed in the settings, and there’s a strum limit. this game is hard as fuck at a high level
idk about best but gh5 is the most Any Forumscore gh game
>elliott smith
>weezer
>sonic youth
>king crimson
>sunny day real estate
>brand new

what's wrong witht the setence, genius?

chill out fucktard

Hey. Some of us have good early memories. I have plenty of vivid memories of 2003-2004 while 2005-present I remember damn good.

>another guitar hero clone.
bro... it was made by the guys who made guitar hero 1 and 2... activation just went with a cheaper dev for the sequels... this is why guitar hero became soulless after 2.

>witht the setence
have I angered you?

fix your worldview, zoomer.