I don't know how anyone ever listened to REM and thought "yeah this is cool...

I don't know how anyone ever listened to REM and thought "yeah this is cool." There is absolutely nothing interesting about them.

Attached: MI0000031733.jpg (500x500, 40.69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8t9w-I4uBYo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I really like the vocal dynamics of stipe and mills and the obscure lyricism of early rem, there's nothing else like it, stipe's spontaneity in stage was really great too like morrissey

If you don't have any culture you won't understand

I have the opposite opinion, fellow minecraft youtuber. Mikey was humble, not boring

Based master baiter.
Based straight up
REM is a purely American National treasure. Literally one of the all-time greats, which is what OP meant to say

Michael Stipe's vocals carry it farther than it should probably go, but damn if he doesn't sound like Dolly Parton mixed with Buddy Holly. Combine that with the dream-like, arpeggiated guitar playing, the haunting mythos of the deep south that permeates their entire discography, and solid, effective songwriting, and you unironically have one of the most important bands in the history of indie music (if not the most important).

In other words, you got filtered. Literally anyone worth a shit loves R.E.M., including some of their awful-era tunes. It's so earnest and accessible that I would consider them to be one of a precious few "undeniable" acts from the past 50 years.

Semi-interesting vocals wasted on really boring, uninteresting music.

REM pretty much pioneered "alternative rock".
You are obviously too young to get it.
Why do zoomers lack the ability to use perspective?

>Why do zoomers lack the ability to use perspective?
They can't express any emotion without abusing hyperbole.

It’s a Green night boys

Attached: 3923A939-D9AE-4AA4-9D5A-8680B8471BB9.jpg (1500x1500, 337.15K)

young people dont like them cause they definitely sound like every run of the mill radio rock band... but thats because they pioneered that sound

He’s also gay

I like the song they did for that Japanese commercial.
youtube.com/watch?v=8t9w-I4uBYo

I got my orange crush

The same goes for swans and talking heads

>enjoying rem
Cringe and listen more music

Drunk ass. You have no idea zoomer

when I was 9 my aunt and uncle gave me all of the C.D.s they had multiples of. one of them was an REM album I think with the spiky thing on the cover and a song called Monty Got a Raw Deal that I was disappointed wasn't as cool as its name- one of the others was a double disk Billy Joel greatest hits that I listened to over and over again. the rest were trash country and jock jam tier schlock.

Im not a zoomer, reatard strawman-maker

Your also gay

Doing something bad first does not make it good.

I like Leaving New York because it ends with several Michael Stipes singing all at once

Sorry I mistook your terrible taste for innocence and ignorance, my bad young buck, forgive me