Did Phil Collins kill Genesis?

80's stuff is trash. 1 good song and you can guess which one that was. Wish he stuck to pic related or just shut the band down instead of making it his secondary pop music stroke-off.

Attached: Genesis - A Trick Of The Tail-Front.jpg (1412x1398, 513.12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w4Y5OQhYt48
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>1 good song and you can guess which one that was
Hopefully you mean Turn it On Again and not Invisible Touch

youtube.com/watch?v=w4Y5OQhYt48
70s Genesis is one of my all-time favorite bands and I don't really get why 80s Genesis gets so much shit. Invisible Touch is really the only stinker. Duke is great. Abacab is kinda cool. Steve Hackett's departure is what really took the band away from their prog sound though. After that there was much more emphasis on keyboards rather than guitar and Tony Banks became the ring leader, at least up until Phil became a huge solo star. If you wanna play anyone blame Tony Banks. He and Peter Gabriel were always the true hearts of Genesis.

Attached: phil collins young.jpg (540x600, 47.97K)

>Did Phil Collins kill Genesis?
No
>80's stuff is trash.
No

Attached: phil.jpg (800x978, 218.08K)

>A Fuck of the Tail
what

genesis never stopped making prog music

im thinking phil bone is kinda based

Attached: final.jpg (1200x905, 157.47K)

They did two good albums after peter left

*eight

Phil never had much influence in Genesis, Tony and Mike decided everything

Phil is over-hated, and I'm sick of the PG/PC back-and-forth. True chads can appreciate all eras of Genesis. I lean Hackett-era but they had a ton of good 80s songs. Duke is one of their best albums (top 5 IMO), Abacab is decent, their self-titled is great and underrated and even the much-maligned Invisible Touch had great cuts like Land of Confusion, Tonight Tonight Tonight and Domino.

Attached: 1567256945332.png (1022x731, 642.76K)

Exactly how I feel. Good to see I’m not alone.

Wrong, Genesis have no bad albums. Only potential one is the debut.
Yes, even Calling All Stations is an enjoyable album.

Steve Hackett's solo stuff is mostly entirely great; Anthony Phillips is an undeservedly underappreciated LEGEND that makes almost exclusively-fantastic music.

Cheers, bros.

the only bad genesis album is FGTR
their 80s stuff is top notch even if it's not prog
tony banks and mike rutherford always had control over the band, they're the ones that wanted pop rock over prog, phil wanted to make the band into a jazz fusion sort of thing after ATTW3 and even in the early 90s he wanted to sing the entirety of fucking supper's ready
OP is a brainlet

king shit

nah, the others. look at tony banks' solo work, all pop rock/aor shit after a curious feeling. same goes for mike rutherford after smallcreep's day, mike and the mechanics are prolly the most aor band in history. phil collins of course went poppy as well but it's not like it's his fault. and honestly, almost every prog band went pop.

also trick of the tail best genesis album

I wont listen to Genesis past The Lamb Lies down on Broadway and no one can stop me

basado.

from genesis to revelation is better than 90s genesis.

>Tonight Tonight Tonight

Attached: ya_blew_it.jpg (474x614, 24.93K)

>SEND ME TO THE CONGO

Attached: hqdefault[1].jpg (480x360, 14.09K)

based ray wilson enjoyer