What makes a band Nu Metal?

How would you describe the characteristics of this genre of music? Is it just any metal with a fusion of rap?

Attached: alice-glass-performing-with-crystal-castles-in-2013.jpg (760x625, 52.07K)

metal wiggas

that's the only decent photo of her that i've ever seen

PRS and MESA

Attached: d1d4d8f9898f7a535388f57d3533fece.jpg (1003x1236, 160.43K)

it's probably more related to a certain period of time than specific set of musical characteristics and forms. people line soad with that crap. I just don't see it.

there are many good picture of her. in fact I have over 3gb of them. I prefer earlier phases though, 2010 or so.

Attached: qq.jpg (1024x768, 174.38K)

The fact they're not metal.

pleb

the Soul

Looks like Mila Jovovich playing Courtney Love.

it's because she was constantly fucked up on drugs / alcohol at every show, she's probably drunk in that pic

nu-Metal had its roots in late 80s rap and Metal, but was more informed by 90s grunge and “alternative rock” than anything else. Arguably the first examples were the Aerosmith/Run DMC
and Anthrax/Public Enemy collaborations.

Some common features of nu-metal include:
-drop tunings
-riffs based entirely on power chords
-emphasis on minor keys
-aggressive vocals and lyrics
-optional rap passages
-distortion pedals on 100% of the time
-minimal soloing
-drums played with hiphop grooves

Bullshit

No one used distortion pedals(maybe as an overdrive) and most of the time they had the rack units with crazy colors going on

Just as metal as anything else user

>she's probably drunk in that pic
>combination of being drunk/mouth breather and not stupid smile she usually does
Yep that's probably it, I have a natural attraction to dumb looking women

>simple song structures
>riffs focus more on rhythm and groove rather than melody
>vocals are screamed, rarely growled or screeched
>often uses additional percussion alongside the drums
>sampling and scratch dj often present
>minimal or no soloing
>some rapping
>hip hop and funk drumming influences
>-drop tunings
>-riffs based entirely on power chords
>-emphasis on minor keys
>-aggressive vocals and lyrics
those 4 can apply to literally any metal genre

>distortion pedals 100% of the time
literally every nu metal band has clean passages you dumbass

mr bungle was another big influence on nu-metal, you can hear it in the early works of korn and slipknot. one of the major characteristics is a strong polarity in the dynamics of the music, often the verses are more quiet and melodic, whereas the chorus often has screamed vocals. linkin park is a good example of this.

Post more plz

Attached: 1648132521740.png (594x390, 313.05K)

Mike Patton has absolutely no talent as a vocalist and modeled his entire career on hearing Korn by Twist and imitating that in every song.

>distortion
clean passages (and simplicity of it all) are the first thing that comes to mind. what are they hearing lol?
there

Attached: 111q.jpg (3872x2592, 2.24M)