How do I get good taste in music? With movies, books and anime, I can tell when the dialogue is bad...

How do I get good taste in music? With movies, books and anime, I can tell when the dialogue is bad, when the plot is contrived, when the aesthetics aren't pretty or just when the whole thing doesn't click together.

With music however, I am at a complete loss, stuff like this sounds good and comforting to my ears:

youtube.com/watch?v=zDo0H8Fm7d0
youtube.com/watch?v=TUVcZfQe-Kw
youtube.com/watch?v=8PvebsWcpto (I am genuinely vibing to this)

youtube.com/watch?v=wfCcs0vLysk

I think years of listening to Billboard charts and anime music has permanently fucked my music receptors, help bros.

Attached: jagten_.jpg (3189x2126, 1.37M)

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/~Syndiciate
youtube.com/watch?v=6Q4r9ej0bCQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Listen to Close to the Edge by Yes.

what. nothing wrong with having your own taste in music, dude. stay far the fuck away from Any Forumscore in general tho

listen john peel radio show archives from 1978 to 2004

There is no such thing as good taste. There's taste, and no taste

Here's your guide from now on: rateyourmusic.com/~Syndiciate

I can listen to your favorites but I am sure I won't like them. Also I am put off by your film ratings
>Eternal Sunshine
>5 stars
Yikes.

The ending to that movie gets me every time. Your soul may not be compatible with the bible I'm offering

well, I don't know if I believe in good vs bad taste. I believe in taste vs no taste. pop music is for people with no taste. if you want to develop taste, you have to listen to many different artists across many different styles of music. it takes a long time. it also helps if you play an instrument or you could maybe even take a music appreciation class (assuming those even exist anymore).
I would unironically find one of the big Any Forumscore charts and listen to every single album on the chart, like really listen, and make notes of what you like and dislike and then go from there.

good taste in music isn't "i know what music is good" it's "i know what i like in my favorite music". Good music should evoke imagery in your head that you can relate to. Finding a good album is like being understood. With such an individualist artform the only arbiter of good taste is you. I'm not much into country but I'll take any oppourtunity to post the carter family.
youtube.com/watch?v=6Q4r9ej0bCQ
Other than that, rateyourmusic, discogs, and metallum are all good starting points.

Your taste sucks. But you seem like such a boring, vapid person that no one can help you. You were born like shit

good post, but as a metalhead I cannot in good conscience recommend encyclopedia metallum

remember a music track is good if YOU like it and replay it after it finishes. you wont please the cunts here with your selection, thats just ego talking. ego is a big BIG enemy in music.
its very easy to imagine how goth girls will react to you listening something but it doesnt matter, if it ends up on your memory/phone/whatever it's good.
if you don't like it always delete it.

the reviews are so fucking pretentious arent they??
Go look at the ones for Loanshark - The Gangland tapes

This is a good explanation. Eventually you will know what you look for in music and develop a distinct taste. Don't waste your time with mainstream pop or rap. Try different genres and venture further into them. I think mainstream music is not necessarily bad but you can tell when music has poor unoriginal composition or bad lyrics.
This is all dad rock. OP ignore this guy.

>This is all dad rock
Glorious isn't it?

Just do the opposite of what Any Forums tells you.

dad rock is based

dawg why in the goddamned hell would you come here to find good taste, this place is a hive of scum and villainy. just listen to whatever makes your brain feel good, you fool.

Listen to necrophagist and the faceless

It's p gud to find new shit to listen to
Similar artists feature is not perfect but it works well enough
Just avoid reading the reviews