What Does Any Forums Think of Acid Bath?

And doom/sludge metal in general?

Attached: 29D12508-15D4-469B-88D9-8117136D9FE0.jpg (1374x1389, 338.73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fV1EoIdhNmQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=9eKyf_LLsbk
youtu.be/9QY_ZC4xepQ
youtu.be/YK2kWnIrUIE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Its a good album

Im not that big on metal compared to some people (although im bigger on it than the general populace) but I love that album its one of my favorites. Also for sludge metal I love the Melvins, Eyehategod, Mastodon, Neurosis, etc

the homeless guy by my house told me he used to be friends with the guys from this band. he said scream of the butterfly is about one of the members girlfriends being forced to get an abortion

Yeah a lot of their songs deal with fucked up shit. They used to be big in the underground scene in Louisiana so the homeless dude telling you that is actually believable

Huge fan of Acid Bath, as I got older my ears needed a break, so I got hooked as fuck on Dax Riggs and his side projects. Phantom Green is the best song I've heard a long time.youtu.be/fV1EoIdhNmQ

good album but overrated these days thanks to RYM

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9eKyf_LLsbk

recently saw these guys live, shocking...sincerely shockingly loud. theyve been delving into straight harsh noise with their last album which i thought i wouldnt like, but alas it has grown on me.

Cool song, I'll see what sober me thinks of it this Tuesday.

Red flag music

Really fucking overrated. My least favorite of the big sludge groups.

the only song that i really like from acid bath is toubabo koomi. that song is awesome and they nailed that mystical vibe, their other songs don't do anything for me. mastodon is proably the best band in the whole genre but they wised up and they're more prog now
as far as sludge goes, its not really a good genre when its the main focus. windhand is a fairly decent "new" doom band that i like

It comes down to preference, I don't think Kite String Pops is overrated because nobody knows about it. But, if you want to get nasty Abuse sure delivers. youtu.be/9QY_ZC4xepQ

mastodon is not even in the same category as sludge, calling it doom instead of prog is being generous.

i just looked this up on youtube and it was the first ive encountered after hundreds or even thousands that i couldnt find
must be because of some legal dispute since i dont think its that obscure

rotten records are cunts and dont want to spead the music

did you listen to their first two albums

Pure sludge metal is great when you're in a slump of feeling like absolute loathing shit. Nothing hits it better I would say.

remission? sounds like it came out of a computer. it has zero lousiana feel to it.

the tempo is on crack, and the solos are backbone, its alright, but its not sludge, or doom.

based abuse enjoyer

She was battled and beaten, tormented like the slut that she was

youtu.be/YK2kWnIrUIE

Eyehategod, Cavity and CoC were better than them, but they were also definitely better than Buzzoven, Down, Iron Monkey and Crowbar, which are all pretty same-y and forgettable. The rest of sludge is either clones or atmoshit and entirely unnecessary.