This is where the Mars Volta peaked

This is where the Mars Volta peaked

Attached: The-Mars-Volta-Amputechture.jpg (600x582, 169.12K)

2nd track sounds like someone dropped a cat on a drumset and a 12 year old kid trying to play castlevania on guitar

mec is their best song

Defensible opinion, even though it's wrong.

Actually they never peaked. They barely made it above sea-level.

true. you ever listen to a band called il balletto di bronzo? their second album is kind of volta-esque for a record that came out in the 70s, and i think the sort of eerie vibe carried over into the stuff volta were later doing on amputechture.
you have no taste
neither do you

i saw them in support of this album, I had liked them since frances the mute, and seeing them sounded like one big long LOUD song
not very enjoyable
saw them again in support of bedlam and it was one of my favorite live shows ever
I wish I could go back to that amputecture show again to see if maybe I'd "get it" now, probably not tho

First time I heard them was at Reading 2003, they played a solid 40 mins of music that blew my mind. Went and bought Deloused as soon as I got home.

Wrong. This is where they peaked

Attached: At_the_Drive-In_-_Acrobatic_Tenement_cover.jpg (300x300, 34.72K)

>leap year is late
How can a leap year be late it happens every four years, stupid fucking lyric

just an incredibly stupid take
id still say frances the mute is their peak but amputechture is their next best for sure.

frances > amputechture > bedlam > deloused > noc > octa

are you the same dude that posted that Tier List the other day saying deloused was overrated

yep :) i feel like people are kinda realizing it here too

people with shit taste it is a known fact that deloused is the best pretty much solely because of their producer who died, he perfected their sound with ATDI and brought it into deloused then he od’d and nobody could recreate it plus Cedric and Omar quit heroin

no no, de-loused actually isn't that fantastic, i'm starting to agree with this guyalthough i don't think that Any of TMV albums are fantastic, i do see his point in that Amputechture and FtM are better albums.

Great album, even if the lyrics are kind of tiresome. I know they’re bitter lapsed Catholics, but did they really need to make every song about it?

yea i just gotta disagree too. deloused is great dont get me wrong, i just think the actual mars volta sound compared to atdi peaked with frances then amputechture. deloused to me is a transitional album. just my opinion tho i respect yours as well

Are you saying heroin made them more interesting?

absolutely the nonsensical rambling and insane concepts was key to their sound even starting at Frances you have the ideas coming from some stranger’s notebook they found instead of some heroin fever dream in Cedric’s mind

dude getting off of the drugs was the best thing that they ever did besides make amputechture

I mean good for them but musically there is a big change and you guys are ignoring the part where I mentioned their original producer there is a distinct aesthetic started at Vaya and perfected at Deloused that he had captured Frances sounds so clean and sterile in comparison

for sure theres a distinct sound there but for me thats the hardcore side of cedric/omar. the production for frances onward really tapped into the proggy side which if anyones a fan of will surely prefer. that just comes down to personal preference