Are tapes in 2022 retarded?

My friends and I are going to be spending a week at a place with no internet. It started to be a thing that every time we go I bring tapes and a boombox to listen to instead of streaming on a bluetooth speaker. The past few days I've been recording one while listening to it and doodling its J-card at the same time. Is this autismo behavior?

Attached: 20220630_235559.jpg (1908x2382, 1.39M)

i still use tapes, it's stupid to replace your entire music collection every time a new format comes out

Tapes are legit the worst music storage device
They are lowest quality new, and the magnet that reads them eventually adds a background hiss to the playback
They also stretch with time and slowly degenerate to barely listenable
So they have all the worst qualities of vinyl with none of the benefits
Having said that if you have a bunch you got dirt cheap or inherited from a family members old collection free and they are in decent shape using them like you say sounds ok
Just don't get excited and start investing in them, they are really low quality
t. Gen X'er who spent teens collecting hundreds of tapes before upgrading to cd

is this some sort of method of containing fights over the proverbial aux cord from breaking out? since there will be less opportunity to fight over music with such a limited catalogue compared to streaming/

>So they have all the worst qualities of vinyl with none of the benefits
try playing vinyl in your car

Yes
I bought a cassette player a year ago and have maybe 30 black metal cassettes
I have never listened to a single one

Good point
Cassette's were devised to play music in cars, first as 8 tracks then the smaller version
They also held cd's off for a surprisingly long time because car cd players notoriously skipped and scratched the discs

the art on those J-cards is great. good job OP.

another drawback to cds, not just in cars but in general is they tend to roll away when you put them down, due to their circular shape

Cassettes vary in quality depending on the tape media and the noise reduction system. Metal tapes with Dolby S have virtually 0 hiss. Type A on ferric sounds like shit

It's more like a cathartic return to older ways. There's no doomscrolling at the trailer park thing we go to. Only getting plastered and driving a golf cart around and swimming at a lake.

Attached: Screenshot_20220701-010302_Gallery.jpg (1440x1092, 1002.66K)

there is no real reason to own physical media beyond sentiment, but if you literally just want something to have and hold and display, cassettes are smaller and cheaper, so they are the best option

this is super cool user! please keep making these!

>I have never listened to a single one

That's definitely a "you" thing.

utterly based

it looks like you enjoy it.
>hergest ridge
>hand cannot erase
great albums.

Yeah, but you play all of them by reeling them over a magnet
Eventually this both stretches the tape out and adds hiss from repeatedly exposing it to a magnet
Older tapes sound nothing like the original recording, they wear as badly as vinyl does, just take a little longer to get there

the hissing, crackling, warbling, muffled and distorted tones add atmosphere to the music, i much prefer that to the cold clinical sound of digital

nice , if you pull up next to any boomers be sure to blast the Jim Croce tape, they love that stuff

>Is this autismo behavior?
Yes, but who cares.
Tapes fucking suck though, just use a bluetooth speaker or a phone or something.

phones are for phoning not playing music

My car has a 6 CD changer AND a tape player. No AUX, I use all of its holes. Tapes are retarded cheap at dimples graveyards. Got Angel Dust on cassette for a few bucks, plays great.