>The Pop Group
>Public Image Ltd. (FOR)
>Swans (Filth-PCIAGI)
>Theoretical Girls/Branca
>This Heat
>DNA
>Mars
>Half-Japanese

Attached: 454FE08B-2C51-4C6F-B318-6255E4FC40A0.jpg (375x385, 89.35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mo05uL9NSNg
youtu.be/3NIy6UHhADk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>all the 90s-present ones are better
Huh. That's funny.

no Dog Faced Hermans? the Sound?

I'd put Wire above Gang of four and Minutemen since their first album is just Punk Rock and even their experimental stuff after isn't craziest rock in the world or anything. After that they just before than indie rock band. Also Swell maps should be inbetween Sonic Youth and Pere Ubu since it's just Art Punk with a motorik beat and some occasional industrial fuckery (which is way more listenable than any Contortions song)

>since their first album is just Punk Rock
Tard.

Also since when is Sonic Youth post-punk

It is. Are you revisionist?

Before Daydream Nation and the alt rock records they were a No Wave band. No wave was an experimental post-punk scene in New York as a sort of reaction against punk rock's commercial success.

You probably don't even know that Swans were a goth band before a post rock band

is that a trolling? no post punk groups

What? Wire did noise, industrial and ambient shit, Gang of Four a punk album and a bunch of New Wave ones, if anything Wire should be way lower, Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds? You don't know how many normalfags wanted to see him live just a bunch of weeks ago, Wire is a cult band nowadays and only huge fans want to see them, Nick Cave music appears in Peaky Blinders ffs (and yeah I know about Alone in the Buffalo Bill scene), PiL being that low is stupid as hell and I don't care of it's only Flowers they're a pop band most of the times, why are Liquid Liquid that low and ESG that high, I don't know man

how are Devo more accessible than XTC?

>The Psychedelic Furs
wtf?

dumdumdumdumdum
YOU MUST WHIP IT

I SAY WHIP IT

WHIP IT GOOD

Attached: dancing cat.gif (250x250, 490.09K)

yeah that's one song. that's their only hit.

still more than zero hits

Debut aside their body of work is almost entirely comprised of 2 to 4 minute long quirky yet catchy synthpop songs

May I add some to your list, good list overall, lots of good bands, maybe tbe order is a bit off because I listened to Sonic Youth when I was like 15 & before I found out about other bands like Siouxsie & the Banshees or Wire or Killing Joke.

Big Black
Bauhaus
Orchestral Manouvers in the Dark
Tubeway Army
Flux of Pink Indians
Sun City Girls(maybe, they’re hard to define)
Shellac
Christian Death
Drive like Jehu

Alright let’s tear this post apart.
> Wire did noise
Wrong
>industrial
You can be industrial and accessible
>ambient
Aka accessible
> Gang of Four a punk album and a bunch of New Wave ones
So did Wire??? Their first album is Punk Rock and everything after is some pseudo experimental Post Punk album which is accessible. Some of their early stuff even bordered on alternative rock before that was a thing.
> if anything Wire should be way lower
You know you don’t think that dude, listen to their shit AFTER 154, they become an indie band.

half of these aren't even post punk. am i being led afool here? is OP yanking my chain?

OH WOW SO INACCESSIBLE SO AVANT GARDE
youtu.be/mo05uL9NSNg

Wow so pop
youtu.be/3NIy6UHhADk