Is better than whatever your favourite Pink Floyd album is

>is better than whatever your favourite Pink Floyd album is

Attached: piper.jpg (500x500, 68.01K)

syd barret was such a talented twink. why did he had to go crazy? why? why?????? his solo stuff is pretty good as well

Not if your favourite is Animals

I reckon it was peter pan syndrome and autism exacerbated by excessive lsd usage

Attached: syd5.jpg (465x285, 81.83K)

The entirety of their 1970s catalogue is infinitely better. Stop the cope.

was he mentally ill before the drugs?

It's really good for what it is, really poppy and it has that big beatles-esque influence and childlike naive approach not in a bad way but that's exactly why it's not the best Pink Floyd has to offer, even for barrett's standards, he has better songs than Matilda Mother or Chapter 24

Imagine if Syd was able to develop further artistically... Astronomy Domine is the greatest psych rock track OAT imo... the absolute potential... Piper is still my favourite pink floyd but it definitely was faaaaaaaaar from barrett's possible zenith. Such a shame.

He was never diagnosed with any mental illness. The whole thing was a money grift by Gilmour and Waters.

the best parts of the album had little to do with syd, go suck his cock somewhere else fag

Echoes is better than anything Syd made, but the rest more or less sounds like if Steely Dan made prog

this album is overrated as fuck

Is it though? I'm yet to see someone outside of Any Forums who actually gives a fuck about this album when The Wall, DSOTM and WYWH exist. If anything this album is underrated (which it still isn't, because its shit)

>if Steely Dan made prog
Is that supposed to sound like a bad thing?

mogged

Attached: R-1382387-1555543587-4703.jpeg.jpg (600x600, 221.43K)

>is better than itself

it isn't if you have insomnia

>y d pinkfloyd p

Chad answer

either you're a troll or you know nothing about syd, because this is patently untrue. source: his mother & sister, who were his caretakers for the entirety of his post-pink floyd adult life.

it's pretty good, it would be better if it didn't have the nursery rhyme gnome noodling stuff