/deadthread/

Uhhhh something Jerry Garcia is a God something something

Attached: 54i325432543.jpg (1035x1047, 70.93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FOF5o1GyWKo
youtu.be/nALVLu7TbMM
open.spotify.com/playlist/2RSlbpfBlmgxTAUaWf5eoc?si=tidnzkNZQZuRv31mwP4l1w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I like the logos and shit but never really understood the appeal of their music...isn't it just somewhat generic psychedelic rock? Why do zoomers coom all over this band but vehemently hate groups like the Beatles and rolling stones?

I want this shirt so bad

Attached: i.jpg (388x400, 34.28K)

shit found a decent picture somehow.
Might just print and tie-dye it myself

Attached: Lithuania.jpg (2259x2327, 318.38K)

Good luck, that shirt is badass

My girlfriend got me that shirt for Christmas. I wear it too much. Such a cool design

Their first few albums I'll admit, were pretty basic psychedelia. The albums changed as the band went, but many people listen to their live recordings the majority of the time. The live shows is where the Dead separate themselves from the very produced and studio artists like the Stones and the beatles. Also fuck those bongs, I mainly support the Grateful Dead because it is pure Americana.
If you care to listen, here is an example from (imo) their prime live performances.
youtube.com/watch?v=FOF5o1GyWKo

did you just listen to one studio album and call it a day or what? didn't bother to even attempt looking into why they are so different from almost all other bands?

That's a great china cat.

One of my favorites dark star > morning dew: youtu.be/nALVLu7TbMM

good jams
also you're a fucking idiot if you think zoomers are cooming themselves over grateful dead because they aren't, they're cooming themselves over the beatles and keeping that gay ass boyband's legacy alive.

Everything from '67–'73 is pure gold Americana psych rock. Highlights are American Beauty, Live/Dead, Skull & Roses, and Bear's Choice, as well as the entire '73 Pacific Northwest tour, AND you can't go wrong with Veneta Oregon, August 1972, either. After that, skip the rest of their '70s material and skip to the end of their career when Brent was on keys/vocals (because he had massive soul). I recommend the '90 spring tour. Just remember to listen to their early stuff to start out with.

I feel like there has been a resurgence of the dead. If I were to guess, it's probably due to John Mayer playing with dead and co. Zoomers tend to suck him off. They listen to him with dead and co, wind up digging it, and then start to appreciate the dead.

That and logos are becoming fashionable.

Dear mr fantasy, man. Brent ruled.

1974 Dead is amazing but the shitty vocal sound on the SBD recordings always kinda bothers me

skipping 1974, 1977 and to a less extent 1978-1980 is a big mistake

Bump

Attached: EWOEn7WXgAAjZzL.jpg (1200x665, 64.84K)

I tried getting into them a couple years ago after writing them off as boring hippy jam band my whole life. I liked their music a lot more than I thought I was going to and Anthem of the Sun was my favorite album I heard; but I still find their vast catalog of studio and live recordings and the culture surrounding them really intimidating. They say there’s no casual Grateful Dead fans as everyone is either completely obsessed or completely apathetic towards them but I feel like a casual passive fan.

I agree with that saying. I think you just haven’t gotten too into them. Their catalogue is overwhelming I recommend listening to this playlist. It has their best stuff.

open.spotify.com/playlist/2RSlbpfBlmgxTAUaWf5eoc?si=tidnzkNZQZuRv31mwP4l1w

Shakedown street? Yes and I've listened to their live shows on the radio and such. My parents are lifelong fans so of course I was exposed to it at a young age. They're alright, I respect their music they are good players...but I don't know why someone would go berserk over the dead but find pink Floyd and the stones repulsive.

As a zoomer myself I have to disagree. I love the Beatles and Paul McCartney especially but many people in my generation trash on them for seemingly no reason other than "muh boring rock" but then they cum their pants over greatful dead shit.

Definitely. I don't think it's just the logos and such though, kids enjoy the dead but nothing else.

>then they cum their pants over greatful dead shit
I have a hard time believing zoomers are listening to dead shows, but I can see them buying merch.

Listened to 5/22/77 today while doing some writing. Enjoyed the Franklin's Tower, Estimated Prophet, and Wharf Rat from that night.

How do I learn to like Donna?

I finally think I "get" the Dead. And it was from watching some rando on jewtube jamming. I learned a couple songs and while I wouldn't say I'll go out of my way to listen to them I appreciate what they are