Trap Music Theory

Most trap songs are in phrygian even if producers don't know it. The b2 interval is very popular in trap which is why phrygian is used so much. Besides that the main scale for trap would be natural minor and minor pentatonic. Occasionally you'll have songs in major but even if a song sounds bright and happy it could still be in minor like youtu.be/SY7UpNa18LI
Other examples of trap beats using different scales
Major:
youtu.be/3Wjz4F6hyMY
Mixolydian:
youtu.be/q7bKNy7jvxw
When picking an instrument, literally any type of synth of acoustic instrument can work on trap as its the drums are what define trap. 808s are crucial, you can still use acoustic sounding bass as long as you also include hi hats that are short and glitchy. The hi hats and 808 are what make trap. If you ever made hi hat rolls that sounded off its because you need the hihat on ever other beat AND whatever rolls you use. So instead of deleting those extra hi hats where your rolls are, keep them in because thats what makes it sound coherent. 808's should be the loudest thing on your beat and make sure to get a good pitch because the sub bass sounds like shit when u get above or below certain frequencies. Play this song really loud and you can see how the bass hits really hard when its low and then hits less when its pitched up an octave: youtu.be/L5ByY30tfvM
Lastly, everything should be a loop. Normal songwriting doesn't apply to trap, you need a melody that will sound good being looped a million times, same with the drums. You don't wanna make music that builds up into something good, you want to be able to hear all the different melodies, drums and beat drop within the 1st 30 seconds.

Attached: 1626438835127.jpg (1438x1350, 297.76K)

Whoops that mixolydian song is in minor natural

I realized why he looks so funny
It's not just the hair, his face basically makes him look like a black version of this kid.

Attached: 1656030971012.jpg (1024x1017, 106.7K)

For me its the teddy bear on his head

>Music theory
No one cares nerd

Cringe af post

best post on Any Forums and I know nothing about music theory

How do producers make similar sounding music in theory if none of them understand theory?

By ear

didn't he link up wit someone?

thought this was gonna spiral into a fun schizophrenic rant about how trappers are unknowingly brainwashing themselves and others through certain emotionally manipulating soundwaves into being impulsive criminal retards that seek their own demise, but no, it's just theory faggotry
fuck you

Attached: 1656370133392.jpg (1605x1127, 919.91K)

I've found a lot of overlap between early hardcore punk and trap music, funnily enough. Simple repeated melodies, 1:30-3:00 length songs, and distorted lead instruments (guitars or 808s). Phrygian's also used often in punk, see D-7 by Wipers or any Agent Orange song.

theoryfags killed jazz and now theyre gonna kill trap. prepare to see jacob collier making trap songs. this is the death of hip hop. huzzah.

like all the best modern songwriters. even the fucking beatles barely knew theory.

Rap is about beats and random noises. Nobody cares what those random noises are.

subhuman music for subhumans

Interesting. Thank you. I also heard a famous rap producer saying how the majority of rap music is in a minor key.
Any good resources to learn practical theory for contemporary music?

this guy fucks

download packs

good :)

Why are Any Forums racists so obsessed with posting spottemgottem? He had one popular song and I never heard of him again anywhere other than here.