I can't get into post-punk

Whenever I try to listen to some post-punk album
Deathconsciousness, Unkown Pleasures, Disintegration, Turn on the Bright Lights, Pink Flag... no matter what it is I eventually get filtered
I can't do it bros
It all just sounds so fucking boring to me

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 76.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zJB628tWEHk
youtu.be/mOTT93PIJT8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't get into Post-Punk ... Get into Rock Bottom by Robert Wyatt and it'll all make sense user

who cares, listen to what's enjoyable to you nigga
good music = music you like
bad music = music you don't like
it's not that complicated you guys

based

It's just that I KNOW that post-punk has to have some great ideas
And the fact that I won't be able to get them is making me sad ig

All post punk fans I've met have been posers, so take that with what you want
I'm not sure you're missing out on that much

this is a lot more fun and less dreary than a lot of the post-punk you mentioned. some people wouldn't call it post-punk, but whatever
youtu.be/zJB628tWEHk

I'm always suspicious of people who use the word 'posers'..... What constitutes a post-punk poser?

If you don't like Fugazi you're a not a fan of music at all.

best post punk track
youtu.be/mOTT93PIJT8

Listen to fun post punk with cool guitars and female vocalists. Like Siouxsie and the Banshees or Pylon. Not some boring English dude that sounds half asleep under three walls of reverb.

if youre not hot dont bother

I feel like this was a dig at me? I wasn't a dig at me I hope

post punk encompasses so many different styles if you can't find ONE that you like i think you might be pleb filtered lol

how about you listen to actual good post punk?

>so many different styles
Such as?
>actual good post punk
Such as?

waaah waaah someone has to spoon feed me everything waaah waaah

Attached: dksdjfsdk.jpg (2400x2400, 983.85K)

How can you find Pink Flag boring, it's not even post-punk just arty punk rock

Some really famous post-punk bands have been amazing to me and some have seemed like utter and absolute shit.

The problem when people mythologise a vague genre that doesn’t actually sound like anything is that people will hear one thing from it they don’t like and think it’s all shit. If you hate Meshuggah then there’s no point trying to get into groove metal but if you hate Bob Dylan that doesn’t mean you’re not going to like other folk music.

Honestly I agree with you that Deathconsciousness is extreeeeemly boring and even some of the “classic” post-punk records can sound a bit mushy and pointless. All I’d say is don’t write-off a band in future because their Wikipedia says “post-punk” on it because it basically means nothing. (Although anyone using the label to refer to themselves after about 1990 is a loser you can ignore.)

If you want a sense of just how different “post-punk” can be from what you were listening to, try Juju by Siouxsie and the Banshees. Incredibly rich, dazzling sound that isn’t just some English bloke moaning a single note into a tin can for an hour.

>It all just sounds so fucking boring to me
plenty of it is. i only listen to post punk when i feel like educating myself on indie's roots. i recommend gang of four and mission over burma if you need something easier to swallow and less boring. these two bands definitely had influence on the Strokes and the indie sleaze/landfill indie music of the early 2000s.

this autism is pointless tho most good postpunk bands bear little sonic relation to one another to the point that there is zero point is going through the genre systematically. if you want experimental shit from England or sad shit from England or dreamy shit from England just Google those

Entertainment! and Another Day/Another Dollar EP by Gang of Four are very good and extremely not boring.

what’s funny is that post-punk at its best was angular and sharp and jarring and musically rich, yet so many of these bands had the total opposite, just the mushiest nothing of a sound

the chart literally proves you wrong though. there are no similarities between wire and gang of four?