Black midi hellfire

so is it aoty?

Attached: Black_Midi_Hellfire_410.jpg (410x410, 227.58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bmblackmidi.bandcamp.com/album/hellfire
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the race is about to begin is pretty exciting, but overall, and from a productional standpoint, i feel like they kinda striked below the belt, it rubbed me in a very similar way to their earlier releases in terms of lacklustre and low effort vocal performances. but i love their new song ideas, and just hope they can deliver some more satisfying performances in the steve albini mixes.

EME was so disappointing. i first heard it on the pitchfork live set and bought tickets to see them basically for that song alone. the intensity of the vocal performance, the alluring imagery, the excellent band interplay. but all of that is demolished by Marta Salogni‘s mix. actually the biggest catfish in history. albini better do that track justice.

I heard some people throw around that this album is supposedly the B-side to Cavalcade, seems like bullshit though

I never listened to a live version. I thought the final version was great though. Is the difference that remarkable? Are there any good releases of their live music out there?

Post mega

I've never been too into the eccentricities of mixing, but they didn't quite nail it on Cavalcade and on this one it's also a dud compared to the live versions.

yes pls

not much competition

The musical equivalent of having ADHD

I'll tell you if you post link

A-side is the best shit they ever wrote, but the B-side is pretty good too, I can't say it's bad when it opens with The race and closes with 27Q which is one of the best songs I've heard this year
1. Sugar/Tzu
2. 27 Questions
3. Welcome to hell
Aside from the songwriting, yeah it sounds a bit flat sometimes, the live grooves and energy are undeniable, so I wished Still, WtH or The defence sounded just as intense here, they don't :/

holy shit, did it leaked? POST THE MF LINK

No it didn't, please stop asking

Mix sounds good to me, I don't know what everyone is on about

I think they don't want to cling to a sound and want to explore new ideas

It's not

Well they're the same songs, I'd think just recording and mixing it so it sounds the best would be the goal. Wouldn't mean they weren't still new ideas

Personally I liked the mix, I like how unique it sounds

Anyone got the link?

bmblackmidi.bandcamp.com/album/hellfire