Justinguitar - based?

Just started, anyone else use his lesson? What was your progess and experience like? I have some musical history but never touched a guitar.

Attached: sUxcpjsH_400x400.jpg (400x400, 50.85K)

i got some good starters on basic technique and chords but beyond that it too restricting, i should have just taken that and gone straight into learning songs by ear myself. i appreciate what he does but really not useful for most people and what they want out of guitar

I pretty much learned all my chords from justinguitar. The first chord he teaches is the d chord. I remember it felt impossible. The strings were hurting my fingers, my fingers kept muting other strings and my hand felt awkward. I literally thought I wasn’t making progress until day 5 when I finally was able to sound the entire chord without muting other strings. That was pretty much the progress with other chords, C, G, F, etc.

I worked my way through his beginners course. It was good for getting the basics down and probably prevented me from quitting early but I think I made more progress when I hired a teacher a few months in. I’d recommend doing that later if you can afford it.

Been playing guitar for five years now.

i was the same, and looking back honestly, i probably would have learned all that shit faster if i just went after it myself and didn't overthink it based on his lesson plans

Where would you say you are now as a player? My plan is to do his beginners course, do a handful of lessons somewhere in there to correct posture, hand positions etc. And keep praciting.

He does talk a lot, but I find myself just pausing to practice what I think I need.

I’d say I am intermediate - my focus is more on singing and songwriting than technical proficiency at the guitar so I am fairly happy with where I am at. I’ve written around sixty songs and play live regularly.

Good for you user, thats really inspiring.

Thanks mate, good luck with guitar and stick in at it.

I thought about learning with youtube tutorials, but lessons is the way to go?

The beginners and early intermediate courses are really well structured. After that he sort of guides you into learning on your own based on your interests. He definitely helped me progress a lot early on, for a while I could only play cowboy chords now I feel I have a more diverse chord vocab and can improv lead lines. I've been going through his music theory course for a while now. The courses on blues, funk, and folk are pretty good, I haven't done the jazz ones. If you're into metal he's admittedly not the best. I'd say he's a good resource especially as a beginner but you should branch out for other sources as well and learn on your own

I think both have their place. I’d start with justinguitar’s tutorials then once you are committed try and get some lessons.

>I’ve written around sixty songs and play live regularly
hey what's up peter /gg/riffin have you taken your diabeetus medication today yet?

Attached: 1654130486479.jpg (720x960, 206.7K)

he doesn play bass you idiot

Good on you mate. I feel I've gone the opposite path, focused maybe too much on technical aspects not enough on creative ones. In a band with friends I'm pretty happy playing gigs every few months but we only do covers right now, I'd like us to start writing originals but starting to realize I'm not very good at writing yet

ngmi

no u

Attached: 1633897031391.gif (264x264, 1.37M)

>7 posters

Attached: 1633203178305.jpg (314x349, 140.1K)

Idk who he is but just learn music theory bro. Learning to play songs and licks are fun but you won't learn anything past that. Learning to get good at scales and chords makes playing most rock/pop songs easy. I tip I have to start soloing is learn the minor pentatonic scale, then play whatever song you like and find the key, finding the key of a song literally just means humming into you've found it. Playing the minor pentatonic scale will almost always sound coherent unless the song itself is in major

yes. I used to learn classical guitar 10 years ago when I was a kid - didn't like it that much and stopped after ~1yr (thanks mom for getting me a classical when I said I like listening to metal). Started learning again last yer around november. I initally started with just plucking away at random Rocksmith songs but I just ended up 'kinda knowing' songs and nothing else. Picked up his course in January, just now got to the latest lessons in the Begginers course.

His course is good - it will teach you all of the basics and some interesting techniques. You should take it if you have an open mind and want to learn guitar in general, not just X music genre. It will lay the foundation from which you can pursue whatever you like about guitar afterwards - he's also good solid courses for Blues but not much for stuff like Metal for example.