Why do people think he's a bad drummer?

why do people think he's a bad drummer?

Attached: ringo.jpg (1280x802, 443.85K)

Because they're jealous

>jealous
Came here to say this

By his own word he’s limited. He literally said he can’t do fills around the kit like a regular right handed drummer can

Because he didn't "shred" and they don't understand drumming.

OTOH the fills he did do were fucking spot on. Ask Phil Collins what he thought of Ringo's fill work.

I'm left handed and play drums on a right handed kit. I don't understand this thinking
Just lead with your other hand for fills. A good well rounded drummer should be equally comfortable leading with either hand

Because him being left handed led to him doing some different sounding stuff as a result of leading with his left. Helped give him a different feel than the usual right handed stuff

he was perfectly competent. the gentle ribbing from John and Paul got taken too seriously.

He served the songs and didn’t need to be more than he was, he has memorable drum parts, he had the smallest most humble ego of the 4, what more could you want from a drummer ?!

>he had the smallest most humble ego of the 4
bruh

Same reason people hate Nickelback, Memes.

Most of the recordings on the albums aren't even him.

Paul was better is all

I always wondered about this. Is there any concrete evidence?

People have been spoiled by decades of prog rock and metal

lol, fuck off bernard

because they're not drummers. it's easy to judge

The recent documentary really showed how great he was. John, Paul, and George would come in with all their random bits of songs and Ringo would instantly find the perfect groove for all of them

no
Bernard Purdie did some clean up work on some stuff in Germany but that wasn't even Ringo playing

>She Said
>Tomorrow Never Knows
>Rain
>Strawberry Fields Forever
These four songs alone prove that Ringo is an excellent, highly underrated drummer.

Most people, including most drummers, don't understand that being a good time keeper, who can lock in with the rest of the band, is everything. It doesn't matter how much you can dazzle with your rudiments. If the time keeping isn't there, it doesn't matter. Ringo is one of the most solid, consistent drummers to ever sit behind a kit. I believe a large part of that you have to be born with and it can't always necessarily be taught. These things and a few more, including his bank account, tend to make quite a few drummers jealous of old Ringo.