They've fallen off but you can't deny Australia used to the country that produced the best music by far

they've fallen off but you can't deny Australia used to the country that produced the best music by far.

Attached: file.png (1200x600, 25.13K)

and just when was this?

the avalanches came from australia, and I think they're bangin

90s.

King gizzard. Orb. Wolfmother.

Nah desu I can't. Aussie Music is cool but it's mostly based on Jamaican Music,British Rock Bands,and Country Music.

I like Pub Rock but you have to admit it's pretty in debt to other western speaking cultures (American Southerners and Jamaicans especially but The British aswell).

Pretty much every single act any here cares about comes from the 80s, with some outliers to the decades on either side.

wrong. Gizz. Orb. Wolfmother

>western speaking
you are retarded

Gizz are kinda shit and Wolfmother are cool if you've never heard of Zeppelin before i guess

You Am I is pretty good, yes.

Wrong LOL! pnsgh soorry that was my capta

I forgot Prog sure. Like I said I like Pub Rock but very much an extension of music in other English First Language Countries. American 80s Pop Rock too in a general sense. It's mostly the contextualization which makes it unique.

cold chisel, INXS, mental as anything, icehouse, Silverchair, easybeats, regurgitator, boom crash opera, Savage garden, skyhooks, hunters and collectors, and Powderfinger.

I meant Germanic Language Speaking,mostly English or some variation of it or German itself. Sue me.

>mostly English or some variation of it or German itself
you named three English-speaking countries
you keep looking dumber

Specifically Reggae and Country Music with 80s Pop Rock and maybe some Prog or Krautrock. It's more that Brits and Americans wouldn't directly combine Prog,Country,and Reggae with just 80s Pop Rock general. It's also partially likely due to the relative geographic isolation of Australia.

All fucking amazing bands.

I obviously implied Germany too but sure,the point is that you can't really meaningfully deny that Australia is shaped wildly by external forces in a way where neither The Culture of The Caribbean nor Rural White Southern Culture nor culture in the region of Germany where Kraftwerk is from will ever be as deeply influenced by Australian Culture as Australian Culture was influenced by these other cultures. There is Australian Versions of Country,Prog,and Reggae but there is not a German,Jamaican,American,or British version of Traditional Australian Music.

impressively high-effort damage control but you said "western speaking cultures" so you are obviously a fucking idiot

There is significantly more Australian Music that is influenced by Music from The Caribbean,Country Music,Music from England,or Music from Germany than there is the other way around. Most Australians presumably know who John y Cash is but Johnny Cash or Bob Marley probably never knew who Australian Crawl were. That's not a jab at Australian Crawl I enjoy them,but the relationship is undeniably one way. Neither Burning Spear nor Lynyrd Skynyrd will ever be as influenced by Australian Music in the way both those styles of Music have seemingly impacted Australian Culture.

Bro your original point is just stupid to begin with given how very obviously one way the cultural dynamic is. Ask the average Jamaican who Australian Crawl are and then ask The Average Australian who Bob Marley is. Of this family of cultures Australia is clearly one of the lesss dominant ones. I can be stupid whatever,it wouldn't change that.

We still have King Gizzard

not even better than the rest of the UK

Not even once lmao