Do cool underground music scenes still exist? It seems like there's only acoustic indie shit nowadays

Do cool underground music scenes still exist? It seems like there's only acoustic indie shit nowadays.

Attached: 98cf00acfa7eaf5c571c5824f579e78b.jpg (1600x1523, 432.1K)

No

Yes

this

this

based

this

dubs

I'm not really sure, but seeing that I do live in NYC, all the rock scenes are essentially dead as far as I'm aware. It really just bad drill music scenes that I can really see gaining any traction anymore.

and again

Attached: Check 'em, Giorgio!.jpg (776x544, 122.92K)

weak

Can someone make something as retarded as Franky Teardrop and inspire a movement around it?

Underground music scenes still happen. Cool? Probably better when the suits start signing.

of course not. no one in the cities who isn't already dead has anything to be genuinely angsty about, let alone anything that would attract an audience. no-wave was truly a flash-in-the-pan, it would be nothing without branca especially.

i remember trying to convince myself that i liked this shit back in high school just because i thought listening to it made me interesting (plus lydia lunch was hot)

yes i'm the leader of the new scene and we are making waves. you can hear more at my patreon just $5 a month

They do, but... it's hard to find music that's actually good. Pretty much any local or "underground" scene will be 90% copycat bands/artists that don't really want or try to do anything original, they have a formula that works for other bands and it's fun to play live music, so fuck it, I don't blame them.

If anyone does try to do something new, it's probably garbage ("we're a metal band but we use a tuba instead of a bass guitar xD")

But I think there's still cool shit going on, it's just that if you don't live there how would you know about it?

their are still crazy weirdos making music now. I was talking to a bouncer once and he said I missed this insane outsider music band that blew everyone's head off. it was their very first show, I forget their name

>Do cool underground music scenes still exist?
Music scenes don't matter as much anymore, since most music is accessible through the internet, geographic location has become unimportant and 'scenes' appear online more so than in the real world. There are lots of artists making weird out there insane shit but they often communicate over the internet. Not to say there aren't any geographically located music scenes but they're so small and usually end up making music that is derivative. The boundary pushing stuff is most certainly being made by individuals and not groups.

>It seems like there's only acoustic indie shit nowadays.
This is an idiotic statement and proves that you need to lurk more. That style of music has not been relevant for the better part of a decade. There are all kinds of crazy experimental electronic artists and weird rock, jazz and folk bands that exist right now.

The last relevant scene to happen in New York was the podcast scene, kek.

Attached: vp694hm2efh81.png (1080x1324, 1.14M)

this but unironically

not music

this but ironically

Attached: confusion is sex.jpg (500x500, 56.43K)