Worked as a baker while making 2 of his 3 best albums (self titled and either/or) while living alone aka more expenses

>worked as a baker while making 2 of his 3 best albums (self titled and either/or) while living alone aka more expenses
what is preventing YOU to make art?

Attached: ElliottSmith_CoverPhoto.jpg (1440x690, 143.74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ImyuksXix-g
popmatters.com/aretha-franklin-music-criticism-2623060199.html
soundstudiesblog.com/2018/09/17/poptimism-and-popular-feminism/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Those were lo-fi demo albums with no budget. He was also on unemployment for a period of time.

He was also collecting welfare. You could still do that as a white man in his day. Not nowadays. Also there was a strong scene in Portland that he was known in. Nothing is created in a vacuum. Even overnight success.

>in 1990 you could pay rent and gas working as a baker
wow and me busting my ass in amazon I can barely have to pay half my rent

You also didn't have an entire music industry that was trying to prevent your success to affirmative action someone else into your spot.

I'm a neet and if I had talent, I'd be doing the cool electronic shit on the programs that I've downloaded, but sadly, I am retarded. nobody would wanna listen to whatever I would make

Huh explain dont know much about Elliott more than his albums

Amazon is a much lower skill job than being a baker. Stop being so fucking stupid.

Take your meds

yeah but is way taxative on the body and soul than cooking

This isn't an argument, it's just you crying out in pain with buzzwords because you know its the truth.

The sooner you stop blaming other people for your shortcomings the better off you'll be, user.

What have you made OP?

i don't know how to play a single instrument and it's too late to make it (22yo) so i'm studying radiology tech. just tryna push positivity if there's any artist on this shithole that don't know if still follow their path

Attached: b3d.jpg (657x527, 37.41K)

>22
>too late to make it
Negro, you just started life. There are a bunch of musicians that make money with the most basic ass chords, the only things that dictate your success in music is having connections and putting your creativity to work.

>another NPC response
Nice. I can tell you're a real good thinker, user.

Not an argument. kek.
Get some self awareness, bro.

Keep going, your mindlessness is making me laugh.

ye user, without the niggers you'd be a rock star for sure!

>the nogs are the problem
oi rabbi don't you have some baby penises to be sucking on

You’ve never been a professional cook have you

he was using some forbidden techniques

Curators and the scene has been totally taken over by ideologues. It's hilarious to watch beta white cucks not dissimilar to Elliott get gagekept and metood to prevent them from entering spaces they opened to the people trying to destroy them. Rabid ideologues will poison amy well they're allowed to drink from.

MEDS

youtu.be/ImyuksXix-g
without the ZOG pozzed Moloch worshipping demoncrats controlling the music industry, everyone would listen to the Lumineers but alt-right

>it's too late to make it (22yo)
Dude I'm 22 as well and I only recently outgrew that philosophy
Creative work is meant to be consistently engaged with but not forced out, so patience is key
Read Letters to a Young Poet by Rainer Maria Rilke, I'll even provide you with my favorite excerpt:
>In this there is no measuring with time, a year doesn’t matter, and ten years are nothing. Being an artist means: not numbering and counting, but ripening like a tree, which doesn’t force its sap, and stands confidently in the storms of spring, not afraid that afterward summer may not come. It does come. But it comes only to those who are patient, who are there as if eternity lay before them, so unconcernedly silent and vast.
Good luck man

quite simply, he went home after work and did guitar things next to a tape recorder until he had enough material. there was very little in the way to distract him.

True. I've watched these turds ruin everything they've touched over the course of the last 20 years. They even fucked up cartoons and video games kek. I've noticed in the last couple of years after they've ruined everything for pop to indie that they're desperately trying to get their crooked little fingers into country music to kill that too, that's how bad it's gotten.

thank you man

La la la la I don't want to hear the truth la la la brown and vag = better and more vibrant no matter how derivative and mediocre.

popmatters.com/aretha-franklin-music-criticism-2623060199.html

soundstudiesblog.com/2018/09/17/poptimism-and-popular-feminism/

You're not wise for plugging your ears and lapping up the corporate slop cause a minority is the one performing it, loser.

you're 22 fool go look up how many albums keith richards had under his belt at your age and keep in mind he didn't have a laptop (basically a full featured recording studio) sitting on his nightstand since he was 7 years old. you're a fucking loser

Attached: 2022-06-28 11-37-56.webm (1364x768, 1.57M)