Most bands, musicians, and acts can only dream (get it...

Most bands, musicians, and acts can only dream (get it?) of reaching the level of musicianship and complexity Dream Theater has. I think their music is capable of being recognized for centuries similar to the classics. (I mean the real classics like 17th and 18th century composers not fucking dad rock.)

Are there any other acts that have a similar quality?

Attached: DreamTheater-1.jpg (1000x1000, 302.74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4VjGSHPKnTE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Boomer, stop shitting this board with your cringe hippie bands. They are boring and obsolete. Fuck off, old man

Dream theater can play a lot of notes but their problem is they just riff and stitch it together without much thought as to why.

Zoomers found out about Dream Theater

Based Dream chad

Ayo, has Lil' Finna dropped his bussin new mixtape yet frfr?

The level of butthurt they harvest from literally everyone (normalfags, punktards, Varguettes/kvlturds, critics and shills) only is comparable with Pantera (by longevity) and Deafheaven (by intensity). And simply because of playing music rather than poseuring like the rest of normalfag-tier genres.

Attached: 1648349255792.jpg (3552x3535, 2.78M)

>mangini dream theater

cringe bro

Dream Theater is great. Pantera and Deafheaven suck balls, what are you on about

I liked them on accident when i was high once, and wanted to stop weed

Pantera suck? fag.

I'm trying to start listening to them, where should i start?

DT has some good stuff, but they'd be a better band if they had fewer albums.

Images and Words
>their "hit album", the only downside being the stupid drum triggers
Awake
>very dark album compared to Images, Petrucci using a 7 stringer and closers being absolute peak (last album with Kevin Moore so don't expect this kind of sovl again)
A Change of Seasons
>previous albums condensed into a +20 minute song (was supposed to be released with Images but the label didn't allow it iirc, maybe for the best)

Attached: cover.jpg (2400x2341, 2.67M)

This, and also they exclusively use ugly bombastic sounds. Any significant 17th and 18th century composer would shit on them.

DAS RIIITE BITCH
GTFO with this boomer cracker shit. It ain't got no mad vibes frfr no cap

Attached: 1655691493108.jpg (640x600, 72.98K)

They are talented at playing their instruments but from what I've heard I don't think their songwriting is very good.
I saw them live not long ago and the songs went on for way too long and I couldn't figure out how they were put together.

Considering that Dream Theatre really really really wanted to be Rush...

Rush?

the first four pain of salvation albums shit all over meme theater

Dream Theater are the best, bar none. They even sound heavier than so called "trve kvlt black metal"
youtube.com/watch?v=4VjGSHPKnTE
Not even a competition

I respect Dream Theater as instrumentalists. I saw them live and they were fun to watch, but their songwriting skills are not that great. I cannot listen to a full Dream Theater album without thinking how much they're overplaying and how little is going on in their music, especially when you compare them with other bands.
Take Opeth, for example. Mikael knows how to write cool riffs and the music feels a lot more interesting. You have counterpoints on the earlier albums, pedal notes in the riffs, some very unusual chords and arpeggios, tonal ambiguity all across their songs, a richness of textures and, more importantly, some of the most tasteful playing you'll ever hear.

Too bad they've barely made anything good since 1995.