Why is there no current-day music that interests me

In my fairly large music library I have only two albums released in the last five years, and they're both by legacy acts (Sleep and Sunn). I don't even have any albums from the current decade. I don't know if its just me or its actually the current state of music, but I haven't been able to find ANYTHING that even remotely interests me from current day. Is this just me being a retarded fogey or is something actually up? Anyone else know this feel? I mostly listen to psych, post-rock, drone, and doom btw.

Attached: yws,,,.jpg (1080x1350, 160.29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/01/old-music-killing-new-music/621339/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That’s a man.

>but I haven't been able to find ANYTHING that even remotely interests me from current day
Have you actually looked?

There's so much stuff from the past to listen to, nobody actually needs new music
theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2022/01/old-music-killing-new-music/621339/

its because you listen to tired genres like psych, post rock, drone and doom. aging millenial hipster music. Your main source for music probably comes from Any Forums so no wonder you feel like music from the past 5 years has been shit because this whole place is infested with poptimist zoomer shit. Get an rym page and browse blogspots delve into genres deeper. And stop listening to shit like sleep and sunn ffs.

If you think every single woman you see is a man, you're a fag.

She looks like she has a boy name?

>NOOOOO STOP LISTENING TO MUSIC YOU ENJOY, BECOME A RYMFAG LIKE ME
I wish I could find and murder you

That’s actually a man though. Look at his hands

NGMI

Attached: 5D7E9357-8D5F-4800-8C09-AAB866927DD1.gif (498x211, 1.57M)

Lol you're right actually

Marky Jane Thompson is definitely a woman... got fucked by Sam Hyde and everything. You can look on google images for anatomical proof.

oh yeah definitley. I'll monitor bandcamp and the yearly charts on rym for anything good, sometimes reddit cause bands will go there to promote themselves. I've found some okay stuff from the genres I like but nothing that really wows me to the extent that similar music of yesteryear does. It always feels devoid of some essential character though, like a shell performing the motions of said genre but lacking something vital. Maybe its like said, the stuff I listen to is just tired and worn out and music has moved on to something different, but I'm not able to move on. I'm not a fan of what's "it" right now for more reasons than just "I don't like how it sounds" though, but I can't be bothered to go into that.

>its because you listen to tired genres like psych, post rock, drone and doom.
probably true.

>aging millenial hipster music.
lichrelly born between 1997 and 2012 but again, probably true.

>Get an rym page and browse blogspots delve into genres deeper.
already do that but it doesn't work out for the reasons mentioned above. I'm not sure if its just my brain discriminating against anything new or if something is actually lacking in the music released recently, even if I am a fan of the genre.

>And stop listening to shit like sleep and sunn ffs.
I will see you on the other side of the crimson door.

Attached: unknown.png (756x756, 1.14M)

Actually that Oranissi Pazuzu album was pretty cool if i'm remembering correctly.

You have to start making your own music. It is the only way, desu.

Sunn O))) is fucking shit. Sleep is good though.

You aren't looking hard enough.

you should check out the most recent Hum album. I mean they're also a legacy act but you might like it.

Because it fucking sucks, and all the good music comes from the established acts from the 80s and 90s. The current generation failed to create their own anything that was supposed to be used to supplant and replace the previous generation, as was the norm.

Newfag

Yes.

you got older
it happens to everyone
zoomers will experience this and make similar threads in 6+ years