METAL IS DEAD

People are no longer interested in metal music...

Attached: megadeth.jpg (1223x810, 319.19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C61x6CrJPU0
youtube.com/watch?v=ORkCL1LIIFM
youtube.com/watch?v=TQtSrqzGdu8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have a theory for what truly killed metal and it's this album specifically. Everything that ruined metal is documented in this one album. This album paints a picture of AC/DC shirt wearing pickup truck drivers heading to the meth house after swigging too much malt liquor while watching a marathon of Maury and Dog the Bounty Hunter. It's this single piece of drunken bafoonery that sapped all the creativity out of metal by showing people that they too can make money by playing groove based rock with faux-aggressive vocals and throwing pot leaf designs on t-shirts. It is the prototype for Korn.

Lyrically, everything that's wrong about metal now is found here. Phil Anselmo in all his heroin addled wisdom thought that, instead of coming up with something interesting to talk about, the mundane themes about the "tough street life" would resonate more with the hip-hop culture of mainstream America and, unfortunately, he was right. This was one of the key elements that were needed to allow angry suburban youth and meth head trailer park dwellers to relate with the stupidity of Pantera. All of these things are best exemplified in the after school special-isms of Walk and the cheap emotional appeals of This Love and Hollow. The f-bomb abuse suggests not a lot of time was spent on them, and feels more like something the Wu-Tang Clan would have come up with. The change to a more "urban" appearance in promo pics suggest about as much. These lyrics would make bands in the future reduce themselves to writing about mundane topics (the hood, street life) and shouting a bunch of disdainful words that mean nothing. It's just vague anger to "get people through a bad day", like the hip-hop or radio rock songs of the day.

Attached: pantera (1).jpg (500x500, 121.78K)

Metal was never popular anyway
only rock was

>Two poser whores wearing shirts for a band they don't know
>METAL IS DEAD!!!
Remember to add Salvia Officinalis to the options field

youtube.com/watch?v=C61x6CrJPU0

Metal was never big big in popularity user

I'm bored

rock is for boomers, metal is for melenials, we zoomers listen to plastic now

youtube.com/watch?v=ORkCL1LIIFM

you mean kpop?

Attached: yee.jpg (750x393, 48.09K)

yeee

Attached: from metal to kpop.jpg (952x855, 112.02K)

Attached: kim.jpg (1187x1200, 148.85K)

God I wish

Forest metal is for zoomers

Attached: opeth.jpg (1200x675, 252.61K)

is this a copypasta? If not, it should be.

uh no, forest metal is metal, hence for mellenials

we kpop now

youtube.com/watch?v=TQtSrqzGdu8

Forest metal is either distorted medieval music or proggish folk with enough distortion to pass as metal.

Attached: cover_37194952016_r.jpg (1200x1189, 122.08K)

either way, its too old

we zoomers don't care for prototype music, cuz we got fully developed in the 22nd century

ai is writing my next album for me, I only keep playing guitar cuz it's fun

one of the only opeth records I enjoy, the later stuff doesn't do it for me, and the early stuff like orchid are boring as shit with weak transitions.

Attached: boom.png (648x385, 123.37K)

>implying it's zoomers who hate pantera
>implying they're hated because of their politics when in fact that's the only redeeming aspect of the band

It's one of their best.