Thoughts on copyright? Is it good or bad for music?

Thoughts on copyright? Is it good or bad for music?

Attached: 1656357424176.jpg (720x495, 72.04K)

>making a living off youtube is so hard you guys
Get a fucking job then you stupid faggot. Why depend on a platform as broken as YouTube? I have zero respect for him.

Cry about it Rick

Why are you so upset

This if u make money off YouTube and it’s your living I literally do not care what you have to say

Why do you cry so much about some YouTube man?

He’s the one crying

Crying is contagious

if you're tlaking about an album there should be NO REASON you can't use a snippet of it so your viewers know what you're talking about
if anything this will PROMOTE SALES if they like it
everything is so backwards and retarded

music theory youtube is so fucking trash

Lmao he is some rocker retard not a music theorist my man

doesn't he have an autistic son he's trying to turn into a music theory savant
~~●□○◇□●◇□●◇□●□■~~

Get a real job you boomer bitch

copyright lawsuits or C&D's shouldn't be applicable to small creators/artists.

The point of copyright is to permit an artist to protect their work enough so that they can profit from it. If they can make a decent living from their works, it promotes such works; otherwise, just go be a wagie somewhere and the culture of the society stagnates.

they should pick their battles better. its not like anyone is listening to this guy instead of something they can profit from from. if anything it an infomercial that promotes their product that otherwise would just languish more than it already does

It's their music

If you all actualy watched Beato, he has no problem with them claiming the copyright and making money off his videos and him making nothing. He's pissed when they strike the video and won't let him use it at all.

When he uses music from people, THE ARTIST GETS PAID, NOT BEATO.

OP's question and the video are two different sides of the same coin

for OP: yes, copyright in principle is good/needed in order to profit off of

for the video: this has more to do with youtube (and most sites) automatic copright ai detecting algorithm. it's rare that a label will manually actually put in a takedown request, but it does happen. in terms of his level of youtube success, i would agree he should be allowed more leeway than others to produce his content, not to mention it's not like he openly shits on huge names or at least he substantiates his why. in terms of youtube content creators, hes milquetoast and doesn't really deserve to be hit with strikes, etc. since he's basically just getting people to check out legacy catalogs which is the kind of pr/marketing any label would want

rick beatfo

No, you have the right to ownership of your intellectual property.

But also fair use is fair use. People have the right to use your work in a transformative or critical way