You didn't get filtered by mid-80s Rush, didn't you user?

You didn't get filtered by mid-80s Rush, didn't you user?

Attached: rush-1985.jpg (598x399, 45.01K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rxwRzW6ehAU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

80s Rush is best Rush.

Attached: Rush_Signals.jpg (300x300, 42.55K)

Rush is too normal and boring. I prefer something like Henry Cow or Gong

Mystic Rhythms is one of my favorite songs
youtube.com/watch?v=rxwRzW6ehAU

Was Neil Peart Jewish? He always wore one of those Jewish hats later in his career.

It's an African skullcap. He started wearing them after he went biking there in the 80's or 90's

Attached: ac1d1fe0749af199f2d02407741564ac.jpg (600x399, 70.14K)

Signals is pure kino
I love Henry Cow, but at the same time I love Rush for what they are, a fun, sometimes dorky band that made amazing music.

I mean they’re pretty great in the 80s, but 4 out of their 5 best albums are from the 70s, easily
Give me one song from their 80s/90s output that’s as good as Xanadu

not fair

Been meaning to get into Rush. Where should I start?

The first album?
Or I guess maybe Moving Pictures if you want a gateway, but I think starting with their debut would give you some appreciation for how much they evolved over the course of a decade.

It’s a favorite of balding musicians

Subdivisions

Moving Pictures is usually the gateway, but yeah I would listen to the debut then everything in chronological order. You could probably stop at Roll The Bones then listen to the rest in whatever order you want because they don't really show much development after that.

I don't like prog, AOR or new wave. Why would I like an awkward hybrid of all three?

I second stopping before Roll The Bone

I filtered it. Big difference.

You could start with moving pictures and then if you want more synth, go forward in time, and if you want more guitar go backward

this is good.

i dislike every iteration of rush. i wish this weren't the case but there's nothing i can do.

Subdivisions was MY song when I was a fucking loser in middle school

Permanent Waves is what I started with

red barchetta

what this user said