What is happening with music at the moment??

It’s so confusing. You have artists like Olivia Rodrigo who seemingly came out of nowhere and are doing hella numbers. People like Vince Staples and Earl Sweatshirt who used to put out amazing music are now just releasing inessential snoozers that are like 20 minutes in length. Artists like Lorde and Kendrick Lamar who put out this dumbass “IM NOT YOUR SAVIOR, OK??” music after years of significant acclaim. All significant Gen Z rappers are dropping like flies. Drake still exists. I mean what the fuck am I supposed to think of all this? You can’t even blame the pandemic for this because music was doing a lot better in 2020 than it is now. We’re in some weird state of musical purgatory and I want answers. Otherwise I’ll have to change the game myself.

Attached: 04D4378B-110D-46BB-9D57-C22339500128.jpg (976x850, 61.9K)

You are seeing massive fragmentation of the music scene.

>Olivia Rodrigo who seemingly came out of nowhere
she was on some Disney channel show for a while before she ever made music, you're simply only aware of things if they get posted about on Any Forums

>every artist named is some shitty modern industry plant

Oh young zoomer. Do yourself a favour and start combing through your local record store. It's time to expand your music tastes.

Shut up bitch

Attached: 1656325966177.png (800x1000, 615.71K)

Haha, nice one. OP BTFO.

Why do you give a shit about normie tier artists?

Reminder than all the artists you mentioned together make up only a tiny portion of the actual current industry.

Expand your taste.

>doing hella numbers
cringe

there's so many big artists that flopped recently
>adele
>post malone
>lorde
>kendrick
>drake
>the weeknd
>travis
>ed sheeran
>jack harlow
>dua lipa
>bts

Zoomers are streaming some random tiktok hits like Kate Bush or Glass Animals because big names refuse to make good music for some reason and put out artsy-fartsy 'chill' tracks that nobody listens to instead of bops.

The only ones that can save the scene right now is maybe carti or kanye because if they'll put out something good and experimental, other people will follow

Attached: FMQc4xQUYAI3hAn.jpg (1083x994, 52.11K)

>Adele flopped with over 800k first week sales
Huh?

Everything goin on underground is mor interesting even at the level of ‘most folks know of them online but not irl’ tier relevancy shit is mor interesting n there’s a SEA of way mor lowkey artists doin a lot rn

Billboard top artists sway in quality w/ time imo, just one of those low times

Attached: D9324838-6E57-4CA5-9905-A4229C6D7E0F.jpg (1242x1242, 259.61K)

I listen to music from the 60s-90s so I dont care. I am a zoomer but nothing new appeals to me, not born in the wrong generation, but new stuff sucks hard and it is obvious the older stuff is better.

Based. Hip-hop sucks now.

You named like 5 people
Are you actually retarded or just pretending to be?

there used to be a stability to this thing, rock music was so important but then they decided rock music was for your dad. They pushed pop music to its extreme and now pop music is stagnate, you got beyonce and drake trying to force meme house music . Rap is dismal, its just the same trap shit its been for a decade now, everything popular is now because of tik tok. it still feels like the 2010s, nothing new or radical happend in the 2020s. music is dead

its fucking over man.

Attached: its over dance.gif (600x900, 861.4K)

we need a radical paradigm shift that gets rid of the 2010s artists, they need to bring rock back or something

Music only gets popular if it’s workable into le funni TikTok dances and “jokes”. Art doesn’t get popular anymore.

a couple of record labels and artists control the whole landscape of normie music. everythings feels stale and old because normies depend on the same artists for music, fashion and opinions for the past decade.
we need a complete shift, new faces in mainstream.

album is considered shit and everyone hates adele now because of that vegas drama
she had pretty flawless record before, 30 is very disappointing

>carti
What's the experiment? See how many times you can repeat the same vapid phrase in a song? See if you can release the musical equivalent of Twilight and still be successful and not laughed out of the industry?