Is Scaruffi's performative hatred of Siouxsie and the Banshees due to Siouxsie Sioux overshadowing gothfu Nico...

Is Scaruffi's performative hatred of Siouxsie and the Banshees due to Siouxsie Sioux overshadowing gothfu Nico? Surely John McKay being in that band and defining the sound automatically gives SatB a pass. It's one of his most irrational hatreds.

Attached: Siouxsie-and-the-Banshees-circa-Tinderbox.jpg (600x499, 89.07K)

He hates them because he thinks she's a hack that's carried by her bandmates and ironically looks over all her bandmates.

He's right. They're a solid B+ band who, by the way, deserve (or need, at this point) a definitive compilation of some kind. They feel strangely un-canonized for such an otherwise "iconic" group. Siouxsie--her looks, persona, soundbites--has always overshadowed the music, basically reduced to handful of single cuts at this point.

Terrible take. They have at least two or three great albums and the music is great. A singles band? Really

roll

roll what

McKay and McGeoch are the reason SatB is not just a B+ band.

Weird way to spell Budgie.

Attached: 1655359237416.png (1045x1020, 159.38K)

>Attractive female lead singer gets all of the attention
Well yeah. The first 3 albums are still solid.

What a weird place to cut it off. Juju and Tinderbox can definitely stand up against those.

>by the way, deserve (or need, at this point) a definitive compilation of some kind
They have two singles collections, Once Upon a Time is especially iconic and then the B-sides compilation which is also well known.
>They have at least two or three great albums
You're just as filtered by them as the other user is. The Screaming, Kaleidoscope, Juju, A Kiss in the Dreamhouse, Hyaena, Tinderbox and Peepshow are all great and their other albums aren't far off.
Yeah, Juju is definitely a fall off, retard.

I still think that's not a valid criticism.
>Siouxsie has left behind very few compositions that deserve to be remembered. Most of her "music" was actually attitude, and therein lies her importance
>unlike her model Nico, she was "only" an icon, and never a musician.
His whole critique is retarded, like the other band members didn't exist. So she's just an icon, because she was carried by her band members but then he acts like she is responsible for all of it.

Siouxsie made the band what it was, but McGeoch made the band good.

One of my best friends that committed suicide worshiped the likes of them and Christian Death/The Sisters of Mercy so they will eternally have a place in my heart. Chorus on guitars totally warped my perspective on music, once you get that first load of that sound you spend a whole year getting into all sorts of deep darkwave acts like Sad Lovers & Giants
>she was "only" an icon, and never a musician.
There's photos of her playing a Vox teardrop guitar like the one Brian Jones played

Attached: 590233725023.jpg (500x500, 44.86K)

Even if that's 100% true you never hear that criticism levied against male performers. Of course the singer, and the person that writes half the songs, who also happens to be a pretty girl with an image of a leather clad dominatrix and gypsie fortune teller, is going to be the face of the band. I'd also say severin was hardly sidelined. They performed together for like 30 years, he wasnt fucked out of writing credits, he appears in half their photo-ops. He was given credit where credit is do.

Which is weird because he likes Stevie Nicks and she basically played the same role in Fleetwood Mac.

This gets levied against Morrissey all the time, to the point that people wrongfully or rightfully disregard his entire solo career. There is also just the fact of nature than men tend to be more autistic/spatial and are thus more inclined to pick up and master instruments.

Morrissey is a fag which is kinda like being a female

he hates the brits for always hyping up their inferior poppy knock off trash

Moz is bi and has a secret son.

Scaruffi is almost worse than christgau when it comes to female artists. I mean he adores Lisa Germano because she was so openly a womanchild and that's what he believes women are. Women with more agency are lying whores ofc