MK Ultra music

Katy Perry - Firework

There's something about her voice in general, and the way it is mixed, that feels like a scalpel slicing through my brain. But this song stands out, it gives me a physical reaction that leaves me no choice but to vacate the area as quickly as i possibly can. Anyone else have this reaction to hearing it? What are some other potentially weaponised/mk ultra type songs/arists?

Attached: channels4_profile.jpg (900x900, 150.71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

faroutmagazine.co.uk/10-songs-used-to-torture-prisoners-cia/
youtu.be/lXz9TpKGd5g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Everything you hear on the radio. I cannot stand it. I feel like my brain is attacked every single time I hear something like that.

might have something to do with radio being in mono

Agree 100%. Can't quite put my finger on exactly whats going on, but thats how i feel too.

It's not that. I can listen to The Beach Boys in mono and it's amazing. The problem is the music in itself.
It makes me feel claustrophobic. The bass is incredibly loud and it's all over the place. I got used to hear pedals or a melodic line that either acts as a counterpoint to the main melody, or follows it, not to act like it does in what you hear in modern music. The overly processed pitch classes, no matter if it's the human voice, a piano, even a synth, it's all so artificial sounding and unnatural. Besides that, the use of repetition. Varg Vikernes described how repetition works to induct the listener into a trance like state. If you hear Burzum, you'll hear it. The same goes to the music on the radio, but the repetition is hypnotising in a very obnoxious way. I remember during the driving lessons how much repetition goes in that music, you have a phrase repeating for six or seven times in a row during a verse or chorus with no variation. Then that part is repeated for two or three times. I used to turn off the radio, but the instructor would always turn it on and asked me why I hate music so much.
The melody, the heart of every piece of music, is simple, yet it doesn't have any beauty. It's very in your face, it has no subtleties, and, on the top of that, the extra layers of processed sounds make it rather atonal. Take Strawberry Fields Forever and how ambiguous it is, as far as tonality goes. The song works since it was meant to be more experimental and it takes more attention from the listener to get all that it has to offer. Music on the radio, on the other hand, uses the same studio wizardry in order to make everything as digestible as possible for the average, uneducated ears.
It's something very foul about it. I don't know enough about audio engineering and biology to precisely tell what's so wrong, but I'll study more. For the record, I love pop music. XTC is one of my all time favourite bands.

Attached: 36195D4C-BCD9-4901-B2AA-D98EE64EC988.jpg (643x820, 75.06K)

she looks so odd int hat new ad shes in for menulog fucking freaky.

it makes my blood pressure go up

she has a foghorn voice. they just let her yell as loud as she could in the studio and autotuned it.

>a shitty pop song is MKULTRA
MEEEEEEDS!

everything is weaponised

faroutmagazine.co.uk/10-songs-used-to-torture-prisoners-cia/

>There's something about her voice in general, and the way it is mixed, that feels like a scalpel slicing through my brain.
i watched the Ryan Tedder Monthly songwriting course and in the introduction video he said that often when he is working with female singers he has to EQ out a lot of mid-range because many female singers have a screechy frequency which people cannot tolerate for long and un-EQ'd, the song would be unlistenable after a minute or 2 and no one would want to hear it again.

many of the big female pop singers have their own unique effect chains that they use on their vocals to give them their own consistent sound. Calvin Harris said that when working with rihanna, he had a demo version, sent it away and then got back a wet version of rihanna's vocal tracks with nothing for him to do to it because the labels want to keep her consistent.

it could be that katy perry has certain spikes in her range which are just irritating to your ears. i cannot be in the same room when someone is facetiming because the high frequencies which come from a macbook speaker when facetime is being used is so irritating that it makes me angry within a few minutes. (i can use earphones when making my own facetime calls and there is no problem).
it could be some frequency that is triggering you. but she is also full of fucked up symbolism so who knows what else is happening

>many female singers have a screechy frequency which people cannot tolerate for long
my sides are in orbits

Attached: 1656237615705.gif (640x400, 3.33M)

this has copypasta potential

I'd love to

very interesting take. thank you forsharing even though clearly nobody has anything of value to contribute to the dialogue youve opened up. myself included...

Where can I watch this course for free?

You may have sensory processing issues, which is a component of being on the autism spectrum. The level of detail you just went into about this Katy Perry song you seem to be obsessed with, the fact that you like Varg Vikernes' videos and can remember his opinions on things (me too), your having gotten used to one type of melodic style, the way you describe sound as "slicing through your brain", and your individuality seem to suggest to me that it is a possibility you are on the spectrum. You may know whether you are or you may not. Aspergers, or "high functioning autism" often goes unnoticed until adulthood, especially in women, who are less associated with autism stereotypically and are, according to many, even more underdiagnosed. Varg Vikernes' wife is an autistic woman. I remember that he said she does much better living in the country, and since moving somewhere near a busy street and a bunch of people who take lawn care seriously, the noise has become bothersome to me, so I'm inclined to think country living is the way to go. I'm always waking up and smoking a joint and then an hour later angrily closing my windows because the lawnmowers have started up. I can hear one in the distance now, I think. Car horns, car alarms, and loud car engines are other sources of unwanted and distracting noise that sort of rips me from my thoughts or what I'm doing,
(cont)

which I tend to overreact to. I don't know why they can't put a muffler on these sons of bitches. Maybe there's a good reason. Like I literally don't know. I think if I stood outside and played a harsh noise wall set in my backyard that carries as far as a lawnmower I would probably get the police called on me but people have special privilege to cultivate this inedible monocrop to make their lawns "look good" and protect their precious property values. Of course, this is a mentality that caters to people who are going to leave the city anyway, and I'm probably gonna be one of them honestly. I wanted to stay in this house that my ancestor built as a point of retaining (sub)urban territory for my family and race but the stress is probably shortening my life and I can probably do something better if I am not so subject to random discomforting events that are outside of my control. Sensory processing issues are certainly not unique to autism, but other things have caused me to think you may be autistic as well. Finding out that I am probably autistic, from my own research (I am concerned about my second amendment rights potentially being revoked one day if I get diagnosed), has led me to a greater understanding of myself.

As far as the Katy Perry song being some kind of intentional mindfuck, I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was. I doubt the sound design was intentionally like that though. That sounds like it's your personal problem to me, though there may be others with similar sensory sensitivities who would get what you're saying. Katy Perry is an American corporate music pop star who promoted interracial sex fetishism on twitter. I seriously doubt there's not something seriously wrong with her, her industry, her life, etc. I don't really listen to pop music much though and I don't want to listen to this song.

Recommended video.
youtu.be/lXz9TpKGd5g

Attached: covergn.jpg (1200x675, 117.17K)