How did Steve Albini go from being one of the biggest shock value edgelords in rock, to this?

How did Steve Albini go from being one of the biggest shock value edgelords in rock, to this?

Attached: CUCKMAN.png (449x105, 9.9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nme.com/en_au/news/music/steve-albini-speaks-out-on-his-past-edgelord-behaviour-3093451
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>calls band Rapeman
>produces 'album' of recordings of child sex abuse victims testimonies, without their consent, complete with their screams and crying, for paedophile musician Peter Sotos
>cant make a song without including some reference to sodomy, incest, paedophilia, rape, murder etc
>fast forward 15 years and he's a liberal caricature

Well duh, this is like the easiest time for edgelords and generally bad people to pretend to be good and woke and righteous. It’s like when the catholic church said you could just eat the wafer and drink wine and have your sins expunged.

Its like the ADL is managing the social media accounts of every major musician in 2022

"I’m responsible for accepting my role in the patriarchy, and in white supremacy, and in the subjugation and abuse of minorities of all kinds"

nme.com/en_au/news/music/steve-albini-speaks-out-on-his-past-edgelord-behaviour-3093451

I wouldn't really call Peter Sotos a musician, or what he "creates" "music".

More like Albini knows how to play the game

It's really depressing how all the big names who partook in edgy counterculture in the 80s, 90s, 2000s just cucked out massively and started parrotting the same woke shit, apologising for their "past sins" etc. It's like witnessing some mass religious conversion or something. People just abandoning all the shit they built their career on because they're so terrified of retribution.

Is this shit ever going to end? Are we ever going to be allowed to go back to the days when people weren't so constantly sanctimonious and uptight?

Sorry I'm just not seeing how this tweet and his musical career/history are mutually exclusive

>You have to be a bad person to produce art around taboo topics
Why? How old are you?

What a faggot.

no good person would work with pedos and put out stuff like that

>>You have to be a bad person to produce art around taboo topics
>Why? How old are you?
That's not so much the point. It's more that, by 2022 standards, there's no room for nuance anymore. If an artist TODAY came out and started making music referencing those topics, they would ABSOLUTELY be cancelled and have their career ruined as if the mere mention of rape/sexual assault/anything edgy is an admission that the artist themselves sincerely supports and partakes in those things.

It's the double standard of how somehow, it's ok for these artists who built their career on this shit 30+ years ago to just betray the whole cultural atmosphere they grew up in, but if any younger artist came about and did the same shit they did they would be crucified for it.

You would expect these artists to stick to their guns, tell the canceltards that "No, fuck off, stop getting offended and grow some balls" but instead they cuck out every single time and support the changing of the cultural atmosphere towards one that is overly sanitised and politically correct. It's just disappointing, especially for those of us who weren't old enough to live through the era before this was the case, so we never got to experience a better culture first hand.

when did chuds turn into moralfag christcucks?

Nobody is being a moralfag in this thread.

see
Culture is just that, it's culture. It's art. It's not real, my autistic friends.

>Pedos
To be absolutely fair, I've yet to see any convincing evidence that Sotos is a pedophile. It seemed to me from everything I've read that his arrest and indictment was fundamentally about a really fringe artist who accidentally pushed the envelope past what he was legally aware of, not the picture of a man who has a sexual propensity towards children.
>put out stuff like that
By virtue of what exactly? Some people cope with the insane evils of this world and/or personal experiences through art and expression. Nobody asked about your feelings.

>2022 standards
beyond vague
>If an artist TODAY came out and started making music referencing those topics, they would ABSOLUTELY be cancelled and have their career ruined as if the mere mention of rape/sexual assault/anything edgy is an admission that the artist themselves sincerely supports and partakes in those things.
You are dead fucking wrong if you think people aren't still making art about taboo or antisocial topics. Talk about lack of nuance. Curb your secondhand-culture war bullshit because you're way off here.

>>It's the double standard of how somehow, it's ok for these artists who built their career on this shit 30+ years ago to just betray the whole cultural atmosphere they grew up in, but if any younger artist came about and did the same shit they did they would be crucified for it.
>betray the cultural atmosphere they grew up in
It's art, user. What the fuck is wrong with you? I don't think you're holding general artists and artists who make art around taboo topics up to the same standards here.
The double standard that isn't real.

>he knows anyone capable of killing a child wouldn't hesitate to murder a man in their sleep
women really are unstable and need to be kept in check for civilization to function properly

you had a good point and then you had to interject your sexual frustration for some reason

stop projecting. I just made an observation and stated the obvious

>the obvious
incel drivel

lol, bitch you mad

>projecting
>baby's first psychological defense mechanism I know exists solely because I read about it on Any Forums
Cute.