There was a time when I legitimately dug Pantera. This shit is just basic. It's music of unremarkable...

There was a time when I legitimately dug Pantera. This shit is just basic. It's music of unremarkable, blues-based songs that, musically, have nothing to say, an incompetent tapestry of cliche woven together from the simplest shreds of the bigger underground metal acts from the previous two decades, and it's all dressed up in gigantic, multi-tracked guitars, persistent double-kick drumming, and knuckle-dragging, self-important, macho jailhouse posturing. It's breakdown after lumbering, three-chromatic-chord breakdown, interrupted by occasional bursts of lowest common denominator thrash metal. It's a monument to all of the worst American blue-collar "masculine culture" stereotypes, only a single rung on the ladder up from the likes of Limp Bizkit as far as both rising from and perpetuating the shit. Classist, you say? Yep, and it has nothing to do with money and everything to do with intelligence, and you'll find none of the latter herein.
Pantera's goal was, I'm sure and like most other legitimately metal bands, to capture the essence of grandeur and will-to-power and Faustian yearning that represent the godhead of the genre; they just interpreted those things with a skewed perspective, through an emotionally- and intellectually-stunted weltanschauung innately at odds with metal's elemental characteristics. I'm not accusing them of being posers, merely idiots. That being the case, is it their fault? In all honesty, probably not. Does that excuse them for Vulgar Display of Power and the strain of anti-intellectual, self-entitled trailer-baiting in metal that it begat in the '90s? My knee-jerk response is a terse "nope", but then again, maybe we, the metal community at large, are the ones at fault for buying into this shit, even if only temporarily, and allowing it to metastasize the way it did. Don't believe garbage, don't buy garbage, don't be garbage.

Attached: fb9d3372dbf5195e7259fbe0d8107ed2.jpg (1080x1336, 188.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/mu/thread/111259178/#111262946
old.reddit.com/user/korgull)
old.reddit.com/r/Metal/comments/2bvsf7/real_talk_are_there_people_who_actually_believe/cj9umux
desuarchive.org/mu/thread/111060359/#111060359
desuarchive.org/mu/thread/111169484/#111169484),
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's with all these terrible Pantera threads the last week or two? Is it one person?

I always thought it was more Southern Rock based than anything but I guess Country and Blues by extension aswell. Tbh I don't agree I think they had a unique sense of style for the time. Helped inspire like all of Nu Metal.

I think that you're classist user, the only reason you don't like Pantera is that none of the members have trust funds

but 'Walk' tho

Exactly,they wrote some pretty fucking memorable songs.

Is an anniversary coming up?

if the band is not from texas or louisiana it's bad

If only you knew how bad things really are.

>desuarchive.org/mu/thread/111259178/#111262946
>This guy almost definitely is bitterman, the metal-archives autist, AND the guy who invented the Exhorder conspiracy, or at least sustained it through being terminally online. You're welcome.

Attached: 1656067005935.jpg (700x547, 53.81K)

>everyone who hates pantera is this one guy
Lmao

Brett Stevens and bitterman sound exactly the same.

"FLOODS" is actually hell of a song musically speaking

Not to mention that the only guy I encountered on the internet who unironically believed in the absurd Exhorder conspiracy (old.reddit.com/user/korgull) sounds exactly like both of them. Here: old.reddit.com/r/Metal/comments/2bvsf7/real_talk_are_there_people_who_actually_believe/cj9umux . The same run-on sentences, the same morbid obsession with amusical aspects, the same theatrical tone dripping with autistic self-satisfaction. Given that the guy who has been making these threads for the past few days started with the Exhorder nonsense (desuarchive.org/mu/thread/111060359/#111060359 desuarchive.org/mu/thread/111169484/#111169484), and there are fewer Exhorder fans than Exhorder band members, I think it's statistically very likely that the three are the same person.

>and THAT there are...

couldn't agree more, Pantera's got to be the shittiest band, cant fucking stand the tryhard bad boy fucking faggot

shame about the guitar player getting usa'd though

If they did he'd be gushing about the applied atonality or the use of arched sound and all anyone really hated them for was how they were marketed. There is not a single moment where Nirvana or RHCP or whatever the fuck was half as interesting.

The Pantera-Exhorder shit goes back to the early 90s, you're just an underage retard who thinks history started in 2010.

Brett Stevens/bitterman/korgull has been definitely seething about it since the 90s.

You're a basic bitch yourself, trying to act all sophisticated and shit. you're not fooling anybody and you know it.

Attached: dundee dat ho.jpg (600x450, 92.75K)

>everyone I don't like is Brett Stevens
Keep being wrong, schizo

Lol of course it is

>no rebuttals to any of my profiling

It's definitely you.