Trad Grip SHIGGY thread

TRAD GRIP CAUSES INJURIES!!!

Trad grip makes no sense on a modern drum kit, matched is far superior and makes a whole lot more sense mechanically. also less chance of injury
many great drummers who played or still play trad say they would start out matched if they could, or have made the switch to matched later on

unless you readjust and tilt your entire kit to work for traditional, it's inferior.

Just ask Buddy :: youtube.com/watch?v=v0V4Aqs2D48

Attached: gross.jpg (283x180, 11.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nxN-wN0LW3o
youtube.com/watch?v=w8lo_FZ5SWM
youtu.be/6SRCjgz_edI
youtube.com/watch?v=W7maVEQiEWk
youtube.com/watch?v=9WGGqjiKFSI
youtube.com/watch?v=Tia3nieOu0o
youtube.com/watch?v=n5QArgLzvQo
youtube.com/watch?v=e7mHIzhT0TY
youtube.com/watch?v=Z1DBQ5hyHx8
youtube.com/watch?v=K0CjNdlAwVE
youtube.com/watch?v=DFjk984D9zc&t=11s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=nxN-wN0LW3o

youtube.com/watch?v=w8lo_FZ5SWM

skill issue
youtu.be/6SRCjgz_edI

is there a skill issue?

youtube.com/watch?v=W7maVEQiEWk

i wonder what grip he used when he played jazz?

it's still more impractical. for starters your reach is reduced in traditional grip compared with matched.
there is literally no benefit, there is nothing you can do with traditional that you couldn't do with matched. any argument of improved subtlety or dynamics is either placebo or just due to a poorly developed matched technique

the best argument against traditional is this: if it's superior - why does no one play both hands traditional? there's a reason no one does this. even great trad grip players are playing with their strongest hand "matched".

it also takes far longer to develop a trad grip than matched because it is a much more complex motion, add to that the increased risk of injury and there's no reason to do it

traditional only ever existed in the first place because of marching drummers needing to develop a method of playing with their drums tilted while moving, it makes no sense on a kit layed out horizontally in front of you.

obviously there are incredible traditional grip players, but look at their posture, they all have to drop their left shoulder to get a good angle, which is just bad posturally

youtube.com/watch?v=9WGGqjiKFSI

"we're using our fingers AS A CRUTCH"
no DUMB ASS - the whole point is using the fingers (6:30ish)
"a desperate solution"
what a monkey - "best grip is smashing tool grip" finess and technique is bad!!!!
"there is UTTERLY NO BENEFIT TO THIS TECHNIQUE except the benefit of really paying attention to your hand and how it moves
I MEAN WHY DIDNT BUDDY JUST PUT A RIDE ON EACH SIDE OF HIS DRUM SET? and have multiple snares amirite? '
"the handicap of musical ability....."
this guys is such a door
gives himself carpal tunnel cuz he cant wiggle his fucking fingers with ease
what a bitch
"mwah i worked hard and got so good i can get surgery not practice and still really have great technique"
"provides a broader range of conceptual thinking (14:26)"
holy shit ive never seen someone dig their own grave by so sweetly complementing what they are arguing against
OMG ""ASYMMETRY""\?!?!?!?!
this guy is a fucking moron
is this literally 'white man cant into counter-rhythms?'

OMG the trad grip makes you think ASYMMETRICALLY but its a HANDICAP but all my FAVORITE drummers played traditional grip and are my FAVORITES because of HOW THEY THINK (16:38)"
this fucking guy is a mess
"handicap" - the stick LITERALLY BOUNCES WITH TINY MOTIONS FROM YOUR THUMB!!!!!!
>>>>handicap
>is a beneftit
>but there are no benef

19:35
"i try to avoid fingers on the kit and play everything with wrist strokes"

youtube.com/watch?v=Tia3nieOu0o

oh
ok
ps fuck off

"its worth exploring the left side of your kit"
but dont explore the HANDICAP of trad grip LOL

1 hour and seven
"well really my doubles are finger and wrist...."
this dumb ass cunt

if your going to bitch about trad grip, at least be good enough to make music that is equal to what trad grip truly aimed at

here is a good example :: youtube.com/watch?v=n5QArgLzvQo

yeah bb

>mfw wrong grip

Attached: a.png (768x432, 375.01K)

youtube.com/watch?v=e7mHIzhT0TY
iktf

the morello solo is nice
can you imagine saying "Joe, its just a handicap!!!!!!"

I read something where a writer said that you have some sort of aversion to jazz?

Stewart Copeland
It's a fun party trick, but I am allergic to jazz. I was raised to be a jazz musician, my father was a jazz musician and I was steeped in jazz from the moment my ears blinked open, which is why I am immune to jazz. And my main reason why I love dissing jazz is jazz musicians. The problem with jazz musicians is that they are all crap. It's sort of like jazz is the refuge of the talent-less. If you really want to be a musician and you are prepared to really work hard at it, but you don't have the gift and you don't have any soul and you don't have any talent, jazz is what you should do; because all you need to do is just spend hours training your fingers to wiggle very quickly and you'll be a hero in the jazz world. Not so in blues. In blues you need talent, you need X factor, you need heart, you need to have lived a life, you have to have something to say, you need to be an actual musician to play the blues. Jazz, any fool can do it; all you gotta do is practice.

And do you think that hold true for the elite, for folks like Jack DeJohneete?

I love Jack DeJohneete. Some of the others – Miles [Davis], mostly crap. Some of his early records where he had Tony Williams, great, I love those. But mostly it was crap. He was out of tune and he was a ****ing junky and it sounded like ****. It was utterly preposterous. The king just wasn't wearing any clothes. Coltrane, same thing. [In a condescending voice] "Love supreme, love supreme" it's a joke.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z1DBQ5hyHx8

jj cale aint john cale bb

this happened
no clue why this dumb ass took so long, but i guess information is much more broadly available unless youre totally silo'd

YES: youtube.com/watch?v=K0CjNdlAwVE

THIS HAPPENED

pardon my trad grip

youtube.com/watch?v=DFjk984D9zc&t=11s

You mean free jazz, the genre that allegedly led him on the verge of suicide, because it was too restrictive for him? No wonder he had to learn drums again to play with Can

yeah youre gonna need to post some details of how free jazz is a form on constriction

Attached: not this shit again.jpg (319x188, 6.72K)

wow pretty low quality post
try adding some content!!