Sperg with no notable music tastes here, can someone explain to me why normies love this particular album so much?

Sperg with no notable music tastes here, can someone explain to me why normies love this particular album so much?

I've heard it played in countless coffeeshops, played on countless social media posts, even seen online that the cover art had been tattooed onto people countless times etc.

Attached: featured-joy-d-1.jpg (1500x1000, 160.63K)

I don't get it either.
And I mean, I love this album, but it's depressive as fuck and I'm a depressive and melancholic person. I don't get why regular normalfags who listen to trendy pop music als like this album. I think it's because the cover became popular as a t-shirt and they just pretend to enjoy the music.

imo disorder's got a very baroque feeling to it, especially with the context the singer killed himself after.

Normalfags's favorite song is a single that isn't part of this album they wouldnt know this

it's the normiesafe/ normieapproved
>look at me i'm so underground and indie and deep and cultured

This is true. Everyone loves Joy Division, even normalfags.
>normie

i heard dykes and trannes like joy divsion. anyone here can confirm this?

It's very poppy and easily digestible for what it is.

EVERYONE likes Joy Division

Because they can't pick up on the fringe right wing subtext or that half the songs are about being physically decrepit. Psychoanalysis aside I think the real reason is that it represents the pains and alienation of coming of age,which is something that we all can relate too no matter what walk of life.

It's an album that touches a lot of people at that particularly vulnerable age especially if your parents were also fans. A lot of this album in fact is not very poppy or digestible but it has a strong solid backseat which does give it a nice danceable quality,but it's not so sappy that you feel embarrassed putting it on. Everything that makes it a Goth Classic pretty much. Personally I like The Chameleons more though.

It surpassed the hype for me. I actually put off listening to it until 2010 because I didn't like the way other people felt about it.
Turns out it rocks. I've actually listened to it too many times at this point and have to give it a rest.

not me... definitely not me. nor do i like dyke and trannys.

Also let me add I almost like Warsaw more.

just kidding btw I love women

they like the shirt and their only popular song. any normal person that likes JD sees it as a fashion accessory more than anything. not really that hard, it's like how white girls just love fleetwood mac etc.

Fleetwood Mac is a very different band than JD as is there most popular song. Also JD have more than one most popular song+Joy Division aren't forever wildly outshadowed by a Carlos Santana Version of Isolation whereas I don't think fucking anyone would remember Fleetwood Mac existed without Abraxas. The basic white girls are right though it's a poetic and melancholic tale of the daily struggles of a man who truly was on the outside and looking in,and his struggle to come to terms with both himself and humanity. I think normies actually understand this one too as day to day social interaction even when pleasurable can at times feel pretty alienating. That might be a sperg take too idk,but anyway it's not wild that they have the mass appeal they do even though given the actual story behind the band you really wouldn't think so.

Normalfags are unaware that Ian Curtis was a secret nazi sympathizer.

because it's a classic one of the best albums in modern music

i see Nirvana shirts nearly every single day, but that doesn't mean Nirvana are any less greater because they have a wide pop appeal that's been capitalised on

They "like" the album because of the history surrounding it. A bit like Nirvana in that sense.

That's a Closer single

I never hear the album played anywhere, just the cover art
Are you south American by any chance?