What psychopath buys a relic guitar? It's worse than stolen valor

What psychopath buys a relic guitar? It's worse than stolen valor

Attached: 190327341423008-4486272b_04[1].jpg (770x500, 35.08K)

A better question would be who gives a shit

Idiots buy em
Its just a way for brands to sell more expensive shit to morons who doesnt realize they can beat up a guitar themselves

the thing is you can always tell its a relic. they dont look naturally beat up at all.

That's my issue with it. I can accept that maybe a new guitar can be tarnished tastefully. This ain't that. It's so obvious every time

Why yes, I always play high on the low frets. Can you tell?

Attached: telecaster relic.jpg (1000x1510, 251.76K)

bruh

*low strings
woteva

Naturally aged guitars look better every single time
I have a Les Paul which of course has nitrocellulose lacquer and in just a couple months it's got dings and scratches in it that looks really cool. I'm excited to see how it will look in a few years, especially if the finish cracks
I'd much rather have that then some fake aged look that doesn't look aged. Just because you put scratches in a guitar to make it look old doesn't mean the hardware will look old or the finish will look old
Relics are such a meme. Literally just play your guitar and it will look like that over time

>all that wear on the bass side of the high frets
Kek
That's the single least touched part of a guitar. What the fuck were they thinking?

>Literally just play your guitar
I think a lot of people who buy these guitar have no such intentions

Hilarious that people spend all this money for guitar that looks beat up only to hang it on their wall and look at it and never play it

So, what I've been told is that the relic process is supposed to make the guitar feel broken in and more comfortable. Now, there are a lot of problems with that argument, but that's the official sales spiel.

its just to look cool, its bullshit

When I got my first paint chip, it was such a relief, I was fully ready to just use the guitar after that without caring. Buying one already fucked is crazy.

nothing wrong with it
it looks good and if you have a partcaster project they sell the bodies already slighty worn

i like em

There's a certain appeal to worn in gear but the price for a relic is better spent towards an amp or some pedals. You know stuff that actually have a function

stolen valour is actually based as fuck

Bedroom players want to feel they're like Jimi, Clapton or SRV who played in a bajillion small shows.

Felt that way about my wedding band when it got it's first scratch, my Swiss automatic watch and my Les Paul
The first scratch is always the hardest but once it happens you never care about the rest