/singing thread/

How do I sing like based ol' Pete?

Attached: pete-burns-dead-or-alive-tributes.jpg (760x575, 62.92K)

dunno lol

And how do you sing?

Listen to a lot of Shirley Bassey and Jim Morrison.

Maybe I can hear some Jimmy in Pete.
What made me interested is the fact that Pete is a baritone, but he made some good damce music. His voice is loud, commanding and sassy IMO.

How can I shriek like her, bros????????

Attached: 1645911028355.jpg (736x934, 54.91K)

need to be a baritone
you will shred your voice so be prepared

Luckily ( first time I'm saying it ) I AM a baritone. Ligt lyrics, something like that, sound a bit boyish, but not female like Weeknd or Vince Neil
What's next? Some tips and tricks

Is it possible to sing convincingly in that smooth, deep way ala Paul Rodgers or early Coverdale if you don't have a naturally deep voice?

Whats your voice type overall?

>tfw tenor
>listening to song that has contralto and start singing with her
it's not gay

Attached: shid.jpg (800x1024, 76.99K)

Lucky you. You at least have a chance at pop music.

i'm not a baritone so i can't answer, but it sounds like pete's range was like really low. whenever the dude belts he still sounds low

>not a baritone
Lucky guy...

I just want to make danceable pop music, seems like new wave is the most successful baritone genre in pop.
And what I like about them is that they sound posh, sophisticated. Not like country dudes.
I'm kinda cold blooded sarcastic guy and singing kind wholesome ballads like baritones do seems fake and makes me cringe. So I think that Pete's snarl belts are good starting point for me

Visit a bath house every weekend for 12 years.

So troons do age gracefully

Attached: 0E1680AC-920E-4A4D-8A68-EA03B01CE0C5.jpg (736x490, 60.28K)

To his defense, Pete never implied hes a woman. He always labeled himself as a man. But yeah, he was fucked up big time

what do you think of john maus or ian curtis's singing? they're baritones who do cold dance music

I guess they're ok, but not my style. Too indie and gothy for my taste. I prefer more of a showmanship and flair from my frontmen

don't worry user, there's more baritones than tenors in this world and most pop "tenors" are really just baritones using their higher end

Who for example? If I could sing like Phil Collins I would die a happy man

freddie mercury was a baritone forcing himself into tenor territory, apparently he made himself bleed doing this too. MJ was probably a tenor but he really forced himself higher up in range, people close to him said he had a deep voice that he'd rarely show. most modern pop singers are using like 50 fucking effects to sound higher now so range isn't really an issue anymore. i wouldn't really worry user
i don't know your range but as a tenor i can't hit lower notes, sounds like a parody when i try to copy deeper voice singers.