What do "real" metal fans think of babymetal?

What do "real" metal fans think of babymetal?

Attached: 1654760330949.jpg (564x1002, 51.72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6N-l0FIfeDI
youtube.com/watch?v=pDgqo6fcliY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

coomshit for retard weebs

Fun metal themed j-pop.

I think Suzuka Nakamoto is an insanely talented singer and I want them to make a new album already

based take here

Attached: 153064872cf877b733b3ccb37d19ba53.jpg (564x1005, 46.45K)

Decent but not interesting enough to warrant re-listens

mediocre, not very unique

One of my favorite bands, one of the best live-acts around right now.
Unfortunately marred by terrible management decisions that are holding them back in a major way.
Can't wait for the new album.

Attached: 1636527882848.jpg (1300x1142, 191.45K)

I don't really get the management aspect of Japanese music, why are they so dependent on managers?

because they're idols
They can't even use social media
Babymetal is not a bad, it's an experiment, a weird project

Attached: 1641237800902.jpg (638x798, 88.05K)

*band

I can understand Suzuka and Moa being "idols" but what about the Kami Band

Japan is somehow completely retarded when it comes to management, totally stuck in their ways. One the one hand, they really want the international audience, on the other hand, they are totally incapable of satisfying it. Babymetal in particular is just really weird sometimes in how they handle things, really bad at communicating things to their fans or fanservice. Their manager is really adamant in having them be kinda like Ghost, with their stage-personas being totally seperatate from their real life, to the point where their friends have to censor their faces on posts on social media. In times of Kpop groups having weekly Vlives and fanmeets, it's just very odd and counterproductive.
They are forbidden from talking about their activities with Babymetal. That goes for both their Japanese and their western band.

Attached: 1631629731502.jpg (1440x1439, 360.57K)

so even if they had an album upcoming they just can't say anything about it? that's dumb

It's even more retarded actually. They clearly have another album coming out, it's just hidden behind some retarded "metalverse" site that gradually release teasers of the new tracks, mostly isolated instrumental teasers

Koba Metal is a retard

I was wondering why their pictures on spotify and whatnot changed but nothing was actually announced

Like I said, there is stuff out, it's just 10 second teasers
youtube.com/watch?v=6N-l0FIfeDI

I liked them when they were doing idol-metal-jpop fusion but the last album was just jpop. It had like one banger on it but even that wasn't really like their earlier stuff. I'll give the new album a listen but I'm not anticipating it the way I have in the past.
t. oldfag metalhead

Metal Galaxy was all over the place desu. I liked Distortion, Kagerou, Starlight, and Arkadia, but there were some songs I just did not like at all like the weird Egyptian-sounding one

the last album was my favorite one oddly enough
once they dropped the annoying cute voice gimmick in some of their songs I actually saw the potential
starlight, Shine, and Arkadia are my fav songs; not a hint of irony just great music

Got to give them credit for being one of the few bands that sounds MUCH better live than their studio versions. I saw them live 3 times and Su was exceptional every single time. You can tell she struggles with some notes nowadays though, given how her voice deepened and matured over the years. She sounds a lot different then a few years ago now, and they mostly geared their new material towards her new strengths

For me it's No Rain No Rainbow, desu
youtube.com/watch?v=pDgqo6fcliY