Why do so many modern female singers sound so annoying and weird?

Why do so many modern female singers sound so annoying and weird?

You know, this weird, bored, high pitched voice, like she's on 10 different drugs while singing. Most generic female singers nowadays sound like this

Attached: woman.jpg (500x500, 95.74K)

dunno lol

irony poisoned culture

it sells well to their target audience of high schoolers on tiktok that think manufactured apathy is a desirable quirk in someone's personality

Music these days isn't supposed to be aspirational, but relatable. That tranquilized voice is meant to dull and anesthetize. This music is just cope for people who dead on the inside and want a soundtrack to their despondency, their heartbreak, their imposter syndrome, their lack of ambition, etc. On the surface it's "emotional" but it's really getting people used to deadening emotions rather than heightening them. They say music is a drug, and if that's true, this would be xanax, valium or escitalopram.

The most insight I've seen on this board so far, not op but thank you for that

>insight
no it wasn't you fucking brainlet, it's just some dipshit claiming 15 year olds with dyed hair are "dead on the inside"

Attached: 764b6ee24b3e85462b1ab6f17293.jpg (512x512, 50.44K)

I don't think most 15 year olds are on benzodiazepines, read the comment properly without your butthurt clouding it

gettin defense there lad did i strike a nerve

>no argument

Wow how will I ever recover from this xanax-riddled epic own

>1 minute apart

Attached: 1655934248028.jpg (786x782, 112.64K)

Attached: 1656005171262.png (804x1325, 239.45K)

Attached: 1656030757989.jpg (640x590, 275.61K)

I blame Ellie Goulding. Not every female pop song had a high-pitched singer until she became popular. Now, you can't escape it.

just say you hate women it'd be easier

either a self-hating zoomer or an out of touch boomer

No one can prove me wrong or argue any points, it's just buzzwords and malding LUL

Attached: DYNZRFtU0AA_C-Y.jpg (349x491, 19.67K)

damn is op's pic what the kid from that dad reacts channel grew up into? zoomers are fucked..

Attached: p f dad reacts.jpg (1280x720, 113.25K)

just appealing to their audience

Attached: db377-fig2 (1).png (960x720, 46.3K)

malding roastoid

its a huge simplification. Come to your own conclusions instead of reading some idiot on Any Forums and thinking "so true!"

>reading some idiot on Any Forums and thinking "so true!"
honestly pathetic the way these dudes just lap shit up

So what do you think Ulysses was supposed to be? Aspirational?

Anyway, you're half right. The appeal of Bladee's older music is the contrast with the alien coldness of his vocals with the beauty and overall epic feeling of his music. Similar to in Joyce, where the despondency and mental and physical degeneracy of everyone in the books is contrasted with the epic and euphoric writing style. Its supposed to create a contrast that gives on food for thought.

Yes.

Attached: CXa9j3vUAAAM_sy.jpg (1840x1088, 492.01K)