How would one transition from listening to video game osts to actual music

how would one transition from listening to video game osts to actual music
asking for a friend

Attached: mario_sunglasses.gif (320x238, 1.54M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f18p7NXgbS0&ab_channel=corneliusofficial
rateyourmusic.com/charts/top/album/all-time/g:shibuya-kei/deweight:live,archival,soundtrack/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I used to only listen to video game osts. In the last year of high school, I started listening to Pink Floyd and the Beatles and moved onto Any Forumscore from there.

Metal or classical.

step by step instructions
step 1
play video gme ost
step 2
play regular song after

I've always listened to everything, but I found going from videogame music to funky japanese music was a nice transition. Listen to like, 4:00AM by Taeko Onuki and go from there. You can also move toward classical, which for me has a similar feel to video game music. Do some renditions by Itzach Perlman or something.

listen to YMO

I’ve been switching to more video game music from regular music.

it's absurd how good of a jumping off point for popular music both floyd and beatles are. you can get into literally any kind of music if you trace your interests outward from either of those bands. boomers think they know what they had but they don't.

based

>if you trace your interests outward from either of those bands
What exactly does this entail?

What are your favorite OSTs? What genres are they?

don't
you're better than most here

find the genre of your favorite OSTs, take the unfortunate walk of shame to the rate your music dot com genre tag page and find the """"best"""" albums in that genre, from there just explore past that on your own, just dont get stuck on one genre like a retarded kid and explore if you don't know what something is, may find something you enjoy that you wouldnt think you would.

Attached: images (2).jpg (250x201, 10.28K)

Did you like any games with licensed music? Try listening to the album from an artist or band you like. Simple as.

this.

my friend says the prog metal i listen to sounds like video game boss music

Attached: befunky_2022-5-5_1-55-38.jpg (3264x3264, 3.07M)

i'm sorry user... you're not allowed to graduate to real music until you have touhou 6 on your chart

I recommend Cornelius since you like the Katamari soundtrack, listen to this

youtube.com/watch?v=f18p7NXgbS0&ab_channel=corneliusofficial
If you like it, listen to his album Point

Here's more music like it if you're interested, the genre is called shibuya-kei

rateyourmusic.com/charts/top/album/all-time/g:shibuya-kei/deweight:live,archival,soundtrack/

By the way, use that website, RateYourMusic to find the best albums rated by its users, kind of like Metacritic or IMDB but for music, great for discovering music, good luck!

Sonic CD is great game for the music only

>touhou music
>prog
>jazz fusion
>new age
>ambient
>downtempo electronic
>city pop
>brain damage: irreversible

listen to acid house, jungle / drum and bass mixes from the mid 90s.

I haven't heard most of those and for the rest i'm not sure but for RR4 you want to search up drum n bass albums and maybe check out japanese jazz fusion like casiopea and t-square, the soundtrack for gran turismo was made by their guitarist