Why didn't you tell me Killing Joke was good?

why didn't you tell me Killing Joke was good?

Attached: pand.jpg (355x355, 23.07K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JaZ0iL4uia4
youtu.be/zETNFX-s6Q4
youtube.com/watch?v=znjRf1zh2fA
youtu.be/eoTNOb76LV4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There was a thread about them a few days ago and they get brought up regularly, I think they are one of the bands which almost no one here dislikes, they have a large varied discography with barely andy drops in quality

Massive fan and there's been quite a few threads about them lately. Pandemonium isn't one of my faves, I have to admit, but giving it a new look after finding out it was recorded in the Pyramids of Giza.

youtu.be/JaZ0iL4uia4
Good documentary.

we did, you were too busy with shitty memes to pay attention

Upon further review I think I would move Fire Dances to last place in the Great tier.

Live footage from The Tube '83
Dominator/Eighties/Frenzy
youtu.be/zETNFX-s6Q4
Didn't Eighties come out on Night Time in '85?

Attached: my-image.png (822x467, 224.03K)

>Pandemonium, Hosannas and MMXII on the Same Tier as Outside the Gate

Each to his own my friend.
Hosannas is too metal imo.
Surprised to see someone defend MMXII. Thought that was Killing Joke going through the motions if ever there was one.

Killing Joke is really interesting because they started out as a post punk band (within the 'indie' biome), but instead of becoming all soft and faggoty, they crossed over to metal and had a long, successful career there. With the result being that people into post-punk and indie, but not metal, seem kind of uncomfortable talking about them even thought they were a phenomenal and influential band. Probably also has to do with the fact they're still around and say really edgy conspiratorial shit all the time. They're kind of blackballed from being 'indie famous', so most people who listen to them these days are metalheads

i always thought killing joke was like industrial music

youtube.com/watch?v=znjRf1zh2fA

stuff was different back den

Some elements of industrial are in there for sure, especially on their first record

No. Killing Joke have always been a Post Punk band that sometimes have straddled the line between Metal & Post Punk. Hosannas is probably their only true Metal album. Also they have pissed off many people in the "industry" and the Music Industry never forgets. They fucked off a lot of contracts and gigs when Jaz (followed by Geordie) went to Iceland in the '80s. See the TOTP where they had to play without Jaz and someone in a space suit.
youtu.be/eoTNOb76LV4
Also I'm much more of a Post Punk fan than I am Metal but you may be right about who is discovering their music nowadays.

We already told you.

Attached: Killing_Joke_album.jpg (316x316, 32.97K)

I honestly can't get into any of their pre Fire Dances albums. Just a little too noisy for me, as pleb as that sounds.

Hmmmmm.
That's when Paul Raven joined the band.

I liked a few songs off of What's This For but not the entire thing

requiem is one of my favorite songs ever

it's a little repetitive but i dig it for the first couple minutes too

my old band used to cover that song. I always fucked up that riff. It's such a pain in the ass to play, especially when you suck at guitar.

i love the s/t. but Pandemonium is the perfect middle-ground between their post-punk and industrial metal sounds.

Didn't Jaz hire a hitman to kill some record label exec and then bail out at the last second? They could have been Tears for Fear-type huge but had utter contempt for labels, which is really funny
>fleeing to iceland
kek I forgot about that
Also, Pandemonium, the second self-titled, and most of their records from Extremities onward mostly seem to be considered metal. Maybe they straddled a line with post-punk by 1980 standards but not by 2000's standards

Not even 'The Hum'?