TOOL

Are they based or cringe?

Attached: file.png (719x716, 938.73K)

Both

this

they are the rick and morty of music. that being said, they're pretty good.

>they are the rick and morty of music
If any band is the 'rick and morty' of music it is King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard

they sound like they make the same song most of the time, I like the pot though

Based in the 90s, cringe in the 2000s.

>cringe in the 2000s
Listen to Lateralus and 10,000 Days back to back.
If you still think T00L "sucks" after this then you are beyond all help and should turn in your headphones.

I listened to them when they came out. Suck my ass, Diaperfag.

ANY DIAPER ROCKIN TOOL FANS HERE?

this

Bit of both. Played the shit out of their first three LPs when I was in middle school/early high school, but 10,000 Days didn't hit quite the same and now Fear Inoculum was just forgettable and stale. The main problem with the band is their insufferably pretentious fans though.

They were badass up to OP album. Dropped off completely after that.

lateralus is their worst album

I've noticed these 2 opposing descriptions for lateralus lately..it's either.

>fucking hot garbage worst album
or
>last creative tool album, really good

almost no inbetween.

i didn't say it was hot garbage, it's just pretty mediocre except for the opening track which is on par with 10000 days or fear inoculum.
but besides me (the contrarian) you're pretty much right on that observation

Lateralus is the point where the band decided to fully enter the prog landscape without having a guitarist properly equipped for it. I wouldn't call Lateralus their "worst" since 10K Days is basically Lateralus 2 and Fear Inoculum is Lateralus: Post-metal edition.

Last great one. 10,000 Days strayed too far into buttmetal territory and Fear Inoculum is a snoozefest.

I used to think this about 10000 days, but if you think of the guitar as another drum and not as a guitar, it makes more sense. They're so rhythm heavy, and Maynard carries the bulk of the melodic weight. Also, the guitar solo on Parabola with the pinch harmonics is pretty weird and interesting. Even before that, the duel guitar solos on Third Eye were pretty prog. I think Jones is just content being an atmospheric element rather than a focal point of the music, or at least throws some chug into the mix.

Nah it's definitely Tool

>MetaDOOM
>No MetaTOOL

Yeah Tool kinda sucks cock, Nu-metal disguised as transcendental prog rock, they can’t fool anyone with good taste, for emo, nu metal, metalcore kids, sure they would be a taste maturing upgrade, but for people who listen to real music they suck.
And the singer sounds like a faggot.

Adam has more talent in his right pinky than you'll ever have

Attached: Chadam.jpg (726x720, 139.46K)