Larks tongues in aspic part II just blew my fuckin mind, give me more like this

Larks tongues in aspic part II just blew my fuckin mind, give me more like this

Attached: Larks_tongues_in_aspic_album_cover.jpg (220x220, 11.83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YFqg1MWhhXY&t=3207s
youtube.com/watch?v=eLGv6Cjdfro
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Maybe some Magma?

Attached: Mekanik-Destruktiẁ-Kommandoh-cover.jpg (1130x1130, 84.49K)

henry cow

Thank you

Larks is fuckin excellent

Yeah man, just listened to it for the first time and it blew me away

I mean, are you new to prog or are you really trying to hone in on the specific sound of this album?

What was it about it that you liked so much?

I need to get into Magma already, iam such fan of ruins/ ruins alone/ sax ruins and they are a very magma inspired project, the little i listened i like it very much, but seems kinda esoteric sometimes, i love how they dig Coltrane and knows how to keep going and making the songs sound interesting all the way.

What stood out to me the most were the heavy guitar and bass, the jazzy sounding stuff, sax, the dissonance and noise, the time signature changes and everything coming together to end the album. Beautiful

My favourite KC album

Meant to say violin, I'm a bit high

Van der Graff Generator has sax. I don't know if there's really a solid consensus on what their best album is, so just go on progarchives and pick one that has high reviews. They're a very consistent band, pretty sure most of their albums are top quality.

Dude, I love Coltrane and prog, so discovering Magma was a dream come true. They are basically the only rock band that has that same otherworldly, celestial emotion that Trane achieved on A Love Supreme.

Their first album Kobaia is the most traditional prog album they have and is another great entry point in their catalog. Cool uses of alto sax, and they have some heavier/spookier songs.

De Futura is probably their most famous track and has an iconic riff and bassline, a lot of people consider it a sort of proto-metal track. Not my personal fave, but a must-listen to understand the band and their overall vibe.

Other albums like K.A., Emehntehtt Re and Kohntarkosz are a must listen, there are some amazing vocal harmonies that pretty much puts all others in rock to shame. These albums aren't too heavy on guitar, so keep that in mind if that's something you want in prog.

Thank you

Thanks dude i gonna give those albums a try! Emehntehtt Re and Kohntarkosz is the one that has the H.R. Giger cover art?

I think Giger only did the art for this album

Attached: 141525-attahk.jpg (1000x1000, 369.22K)

Nailed it with the Van Der Graaf rec my guy

Don’t forget about Koenjihyakkei, they’re another project of Tatsuya Yoshida from Ruins, they’re like Magma on crack

Check out some of jean luc ponty's solo work

The anons in this thread are right, VdGG and Magma are the obvious choices. i would also recommend the bands Area and Xhol Caravan as well.

I always thought that Larks' Tongues Part II was proto-Godspeed, so maybe you'll enjoy this as well. Go to 53:27.
youtube.com/watch?v=YFqg1MWhhXY&t=3207s

Speaking of Ruins and Yoshida, you guys need to check out Ryoko Ono's cover of ELP's Tarkus. She's the sax player in Sax Ruins, and the drummer on this Tarkus cover is Yoshida himself

youtube.com/watch?v=eLGv6Cjdfro