Is the album-form pleb filter?

Is the album-form pleb filter?

Attached: pepe-the-frog-thinking.gif (498x498, 94.48K)

Yes. It's still the closest thing music has to the equivalent of a movie or book

Normalfags don't even listen to albums except if Kendrick or Drake puts out one

even then I know a lot of them listen on shuffle

They're all ADHD-raddled zoomies who just wait for the media to dictate to them which are the best songs off an album to add to their playlist, they don't even have the minimal brainpower it takes to just listen to 40 mins of music and decide for themselves what their favorite songs are

Yes.

Listening to full albums is a minimum requirement for someone that claims that he likes music. You wouldn't read random chapters from different books or watch random scenes from different films.

It's crazy to think about, but attention isn't so much time-based but change-based. Zoomers will gladly spend 2 consecutive hours listening to multiple songs in a playlist or Youtube algorithm, but one single 30 minute album is too much to handle. I guess it's about the nonstop dopamine hits of novelty or however the fuck the brain chemistry works.

Besides, so many artists structure albums as a semi-random collection of songs rather than a cohesive whole, so even modern albums are better facilitating listening to random songs and random orders. I'm not even talking about concept albums, just something where everything is just at least flows somewhat coherently.

If an album isn’t made entirely from songs that are good as stand-alone tracks out of context, is the album good?

Actually yes but the other way around.

If you discover "whole albums" it just reveals that you are getting older and have more patience for introspection.

When you get older you start to look at individual compositions as being more important. I only listen to individual music that I find pleasing now instead of burrowing through whole albums because that's just getting older I guess.

Today I'm just listening to a kawaii edm playlist because it's how I feel instead of forcing myself to listen to a whole converge album like I did in my late teens/early 20s.

I listen 30 seconds of each song in album and pick up good songs in separate band playlist. This way I won't have to deal with boring tunes.

your music habits change nothing to do with ur age lol

3 min song vs 40 min album is the same its a piece of audio just different lenghts

Probably, but much like there are lots of pieces that weren't made as part of a greater whole, there are albums that are just a collection of unrelated tracks in an arbitrary order packed together because it was a convenient way to sell music to the masses.

That would be operas dumbass

Opera isn't purely musical because it involves stage theatrics and narration. It's a mixed media genre.

Even then Symphonies, Concertos, and a miriad of other styles of concert music are much closer to "musical equivalents of movies or books" than the modern album format

Some genres work best as albums, others are song-centric and it's very funny to watch rym teens rating the most popular album and ignoring the five minute masterpieces
>You wouldn't read random chapters from different books or watch random scenes from different films.
Yes I would, I reread The Symphony from Moby Dick and Proteus from Ulysses all the time

your taste is so awful that no one could possibly care about what your perspective is on any of this since you're clearly too retarded to actually know what makes music good or how it should be appreciated

This question triggers oldfags

>standards and attention span declines
>"is *old common thing* a pleb filter?"

An album is just the equivalent of a symphony for pop and rock music