How the FUCK do you write a proper song, bros?

How the FUCK do you write a proper song, bros?
I've been playing guitar for years and never wrote any originals because I don't know how

Attached: tom-wlod-sailormoon.jpg (700x979, 217.61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=82xcICYq11Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The biggest thing is never try too hard, if you try to force it it will come out very cringey, just focus on how the melody makes you feel and put it into words

The other way to write is to construct a narrative and extract lyrics from there, so like writing a story, then describing the events in a rhyming and wordplay rich way. These are the ways i use anyway

Attached: images.jpeg-31.jpg (344x528, 58.05K)

Oh shit did you mean writing melodies or lyrics?

Both

Does the melody always find you?

dumbass

literally just sit down with your guitar and write something you've never heard
it's not rocket science

what genre are you trying to write?

country and blues are simple and easy to sing to, try poetry if you cant manage that
if youre talking riffs, there are no shortcuts, rock is a mans game

>it's not rocket science
not him but it is for me

i mean the simplest thing is to always start with the rhythms/chords.

hit record on your phone and start jamming, and try to make up verses, choruses and bridges, intros and outros. try to imagine a drummer playing with you, dictating which sections are more calm or more upbeat or more groovy.
then you try to sift through the 10-40 minutes of jamming you now have and try to piece things together to make the skeleton of a song.

then you can start thinking about melodies and that kind of stuff

just write a song, i mean, if youre not inspired then why're you even trying?

Yeah i guess i have never had a big problem with melodies just the lyrics
>dumbass
Why?

>try to imagine a drummer playing with you
the problem is if i had an imagination i probably wouldn't have trouble with writing anything, good advice anyways though
>if youre not inspired then why're you even trying?
because you want to create music instead of being a consumer? what kind of retarded question is this

music is art. if you dont have anything to say then dont bother

You ever fuck around with your guitar and like a certain chord progression or a melody?

Take that as a base, and build around it, if you don't know how to build chord progressions or don't know shit about scales, learn about them. Those are the pillars to songwriting, without them you will end up writing shitty music

write shit music, then write progressively less shitty music until you write absolute kinoludo

only pseuds listen to music for muh genius philosophical insight, there is nothing worth saying about anything, people just want to enjoy a nice song

This is pretty retarded,a good deal of musicians made it while having nothing to say of substance

Yeah, mediocre musicians

goddddddddddddd
humans want to connect with other humans, they dont just want a nice song. music is communication
its called expressionnnnnnn

op isnt in a position to sing praise to a band that carries him though

>humans want to connect with other humans, they dont just want a nice song. music is communication
normalfags using music as some kind of social tool has nothing to do with music itself

>humans want to connect with other humans, they dont just want a nice song. music is communication
if that were true then spotify top 100 would be radically different
not everyone is an artsy moron like you

>the problem is if i had an imagination i probably wouldn't have trouble with writing anything
true but also not true. some people hear a song in their head and then run to their guitars to play other, other people have nothing, sit down with their guitars and make something.
everyone is different. also literally just imagine a fucking drum beat, just for 5 seconds, to get you into a groove

>Those are the pillars to songwriting, without them you will end up writing shitty music
lmao classic "i wasted my time learning what a sub-V chord is therefore you have to do it too"

i meant that i literally do not have an imagination npc style lol

have you no soul!?
youtube.com/watch?v=82xcICYq11Y

>i literally do not have an imagination
well then learn how to program drums and make your own backing tracks
people without imaginations had to get drum machines or drummer friends back in the 80s
there's always a way

i have a soul i'm just honest enough to admit that lots of people listen to music purely as entertainment and not as art

>well then learn how to program drums and make your own backing tracks
yeah this is pretty much what i do, it's a lot of fun but still pretty difficult
art is entertainment