/classical/

Early Romantic edition:
youtube.com/watch?v=JjcDVmV0Zhw

>How do I get into classical?
This link has resources including audio courses, textbooks and selections of recordings to help you start to understand and appreciate classical music:
pastebin.com/NBEp2VFh

Previous:

Attached: Richard Wagner conducting the orchestra at the theatre in Bayreuth, May 22, 1872..jpg (768x609, 202.86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u1VbmFC8988
voca.ro/1myMDaNbhC92
youtube.com/watch?v=JbSaT6R4dgM
youtube.com/watch?v=MYiQuNAuvJI
youtu.be/zpMdr9nBJc0
youtu.be/NO11jeFWgR0
youtu.be/-CNrGqHKoa8
youtube.com/watch?v=9j6vy8M0KFs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cello >>>>>>> viol*n
youtube.com/watch?v=u1VbmFC8988

Bonjour

hate jazz

Remember to compose something everyday.

I'm not sure if this is welcome here but hopefully I'll be extended some good given this is pretty thoroughly romantic.

I'm trying to make some solo guitar arrangements of romantic repertoire, inspired by how popular parlor guitars have gotten lately.

My starting off point for this one was this Schubert Waltz that my piano teacher assigned me, I at first tried to arrange it for a key that was comfortable for guitar but I think I ended up just using it as my launching pad. I am using a steel string guitar not a nylon, as it's kind of my pet issue that steel string guitars should have some place in the art music world as well, more in line with German, British and Italian traditions.

I'm not looking to be flamed or wanked off, but I'm too inside this piece - I am wondering how it sounds to outside ears. Does it have any sense of the melody carrying through, or does it just fall into guitar doodling?

voca.ro/1myMDaNbhC92

Attached: 20220622_104812.jpg (4032x2268, 2.29M)

That is really quiet. Did you write it down?

I'm going to come off like a dumb kid but no, I don't have it written down and I just recorded it on my cell phone. I don't really have mics and stuff so I don't really know what I can do about the volume. I appreciate your time listening to it.

its a bit sterile

youtube.com/watch?v=JbSaT6R4dgM
just write some variations and call it a day

Thanks for the feedback. That's something I was worried about. It feels hard to strike a balance between enough ornamentation to be interesting but not just dumb guitar wanking.
Did you listen until the return to the original key? I only ask because I wonder if you think I should go for thay level of ornamentation (obviously more varied) throughout

This is a really good repertoire suggestion, so kudos. But also - at the risk of sounding too prissy - I'm basically going for exactly the opposite of the Spanish guitar sound which is what seems to be fully embraced here.

I'm really interested in the 19th century parlor guitar style that existed I'm German speaking countries and Britain. It was like people using steel string guitars to play the same type of repertoire romantic pianists did. Silent Night was actually composed in that tradition.

I realize that Spanish guitars are really thoroughly romantic too - but to me there's almost like two "poles" of romanticism. The more twinkly, star like Germanic stuff and then the more fiery Latin stuff. If you'll bear with my autism, I feel like the classical guitar repertoire leans too far towards the "fiery latin" stuff. I realize that's really generalizing but I feel I'm not totally talking out of my ass.

youtube.com/watch?v=MYiQuNAuvJI

This is one of the best songs I've heard in my life. You guys have any suggestions for classical music that's similar?

Without sounding like a douche, you'll probably have better luck finding this same type of sound by looking for European folk music, especially italian polkas Poland tarantella and Spanish flamenco. "Classical music" sometimes uses these types of mood as a flavor within a larger work- but if you're looking for solely this feel I think artists in Flamenco and European Polka are going to be more up your alley.

Woops the word "Poland" literally just appeared in front of "Tarantellas".

I don't know if Polish Tarantellas exist- but you want Italian ones.

youtu.be/zpMdr9nBJc0

Fag

Attached: 1526956755480.jpg (500x500, 41.88K)

Definitely Baroque. Maybe Monteverdi's Madrigals.

On the other hand this is very emotional, in a intentional and specific way which is only in contemporary music, like Sakamoto, or at least late romantic. Maybe Bizet?

youtu.be/zpMdr9nBJc0

classical is homosexual no exceptions.

youtu.be/NO11jeFWgR0

user. You just check this out. I’m right up your alley.

youtu.be/-CNrGqHKoa8
This is ridiculously better than sex.

Salut poto

Wagner if he wrote lieder:

youtube.com/watch?v=9j6vy8M0KFs

Wow thank you user this is a great link. Is one of those guys you?!
I'm actually a voice undergrad so having lied with good guitar accompaniment are gold for me.
If you'll allow me to attention where a bit I'd really appreciate any feedback, positive or negative on this.
It's a lied Mozart wrote for mandolin and female voice. I'm doing it on the mandocello so the key goes down a 5th and it suits a Male voice.
voca.ro/1myMDaNbhC92

Attached: 16559224881162963579206724843892.jpg (4032x2268, 1.97M)