I know it’s old news, but what do you guys think happened to Fantano? Dude supported #gamergate of all things

I know it’s old news, but what do you guys think happened to Fantano? Dude supported #gamergate of all things.

Of course the catalyst was the Fader article. But what do you think happened?

>A.) He had some manager/agent/publicist tell him if he wanted to keep interviewing big musicians and have access to the industry then he had to become a SJW and disavow what he previously did.

>B.) While he was anti-SJW, he was still on the left. Even supported BLM for the most part, but wasn’t crazy. Maybe the Fader article was a realization for him that he was attracting the alt-right, and having a black wife made him realize he had to change.

Attached: 94C3BA75-D042-453D-B35D-66F709DAD4C0.jpg (1242x1687, 490.3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=otJijE1lczI
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Fantano
youtube.com/watch?v=iSEfSwPsMNE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I’m going to go with A, any YouTuber who ends up working close to the mainstream media has to change their views. Look what happened to H3H3.

It wasn’t even the political change for Fantano, that dude definitely became more poptimist with his reviews. Seriously, he started going a lot easier on pop reviews then he previously had been.

Also, don’t think it was the wife. I remember when he interviewed Joji he said his wife loved offensive humor.

Attached: 0A6AD7E3-388D-4DA8-98B6-ACCE0C9A8B9A.jpg (728x455, 46.31K)

Unironically who cares

Based or cringe

Attached: 18DEE00A-47C4-440B-BB4A-20EB9A40A5B6.png (586x392, 34.09K)

thats why musicians should stay away from the mainstream, its cancer.

It’s interesting to see how YouTubers are forced to change once they get closer to the mainstream.

/thread

This was a new level of cringe, even for him.

youtube.com/watch?v=otJijE1lczI

Attached: 651051EB-A509-4E0D-9F1A-0613C3B064E8.jpg (2016x1512, 445.47K)

Doesn’t stop indie musicians from being cucks

It's simple. You don't get to millions of youtube subs and get to keep it without touting the party line.

RedLetterMedia seems to have disproved that.

But they stay in Milwaukee.

Politics is just cringe in general. It's like some faggy mix between ancient roman philosophy and professional sports. He makes fun videos on music though

It was just simple Trump Derangement Syndrome

It's because indie musicians are almost always extremely sheltered upper middle class people who never had a day of care or worry in their life. The type of people who can afford to indulge in the virtue signaling while living comfortably in their 99.99% white gated communities.

Expecting "based" takes from indie musicians is as dumb as expecting "based" takes from hollywood actors.

>Mentioning H3H3

Remember when Fantano yelled at them on Twitter for making fun of K-pop stars for looking like faggots?

Imagine the kind of kinky race play sex they have. Black girls just fucking LOVE race play

Here’s some deep Fantano lore.

When he had a tumblr, he had the settings so people who visited his blog could see he his likes. So much fucking hentai. When someone told them everyone could see it, he just responded “I like what I like.”

Didn't his big initial spike in popularity come after he got pushed officially by Youtube one time? Was something like best upcoming channels or something I forget.

Anyway the point is shit like that doesn't happen if you don't parrot the liberal mainstream consensus.

He won some award in 2014 and was offered a tv show by Adult Swim. It’s on his Wikipedia page.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Fantano

But he definitely did not start changing his views until after the Fader article.

That was half a year after the Fader article.
youtube.com/watch?v=iSEfSwPsMNE

Remember when he didn’t mention Michael Gira’s rape accusations when reviewing The Glowing Man.

And then he took down his review of Deathspell Omega because of them might’ve been a white nationalist.

Flooding their communities with darkies would be high larious

i've seen this OP
and I've seen this reply before

can the 4chud bots leave already?

I believe he said he got popular after his review of Cosmogramma started to appear in the related videos of Flying Lotus videos.