I hate metal now

Any non-cringy, non-edgy, fun bands?

Fuck heavy metal, fuck Metallica, fuck Pantera, fuck Avenged Sevenfold, fuck Slayer, fuck Opeth, fuck Slipknot, fuck everything inspired by rock/metal.

I need peace. I hate noise. Show me fun music

Attached: 324232343.jpg (1008x600, 44.26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6GEI3PpXEAo
youtube.com/watch?v=xWOyPSQgDXw&list=OLAK5uy_nMAK7JIqDVtKAM6XURkH6Mk5V37LQZCmY&index=2
youtube.com/watch?v=exb4NEeCBjo
youtube.com/watch?v=xtN5qkgVAVo
youtube.com/watch?v=LT5P_YL1UDA
youtube.com/watch?v=ivZ6WKYHf3w&ab_channel=k4rg4n
youtube.com/watch?v=cNEdxZURTaI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Mods ban anyone in chat that says they like Incantation real talk

OK Go

well now you made it a pissing contest so no recommendations but I do agree with you that metal is cringe as fuck

I was in the exact same position as you, not just with metal but music in general. I came to the realization that all I listened to was in some ways negative, depressing or pessimistic.

This album helped me the most to get out of that slump: youtube.com/watch?v=6GEI3PpXEAo

Depending on how jaded you are, it might be hard at first to let your guard down but the music just so earnestly joyful and infectiously optimistic, it's hard not to connect with it in some ways. It also helps that it's very technical and therefor engaging. Hearing music that sounds this fun brought back some sort of innocence that I haven't felt with music in a long time. I still listen to my usual moody and contemplative stuff but at least I found a balance now and actively seek out music that's happy.

Incubus and Phoenix.

bruh this is exactly what I was looking for. Damn I got something fun and easygoing to listen to. Thanks! I'm so fucking tired of dissonance, Opeth has consumed my soul for years now. I hate how people see me as edgy so I'm destroying everything edgy about my life. I wanna be easygoing. Maybe this style of music you showed me is the first step.

Kyuss might suit you.

I agree, it's refreshing hearing happy music with no hidden irony or message that's just straightforward and life affirming. It's fun to indulge in more depressive stuff from time to time but I used to do that all the time. I had to remind myself that music should be fun and joyful too.

>I hate how people see me as edgy so I'm destroying everything edgy about my life. I wanna be easygoing. Maybe this style of music you showed me is the first step.
imagine giving a shit about what people (probably normies) think of you

yeah whatever, I hope your guitarist dies in a 26 stab accident

Welcome to banworld Dave

Attached: 1642806802950.jpg (1440x1795, 258.86K)

>society is collapsing, atrocities are normalized, economy is fucked, whole world system is unsustainable even in short term, doomed world
>let's just have fun bro! party like it's 1999 am I right dude!

Attached: 76e.jpg (1000x1000, 154.74K)

This may do the trick. J Mascis' main band Dinosaur Jr. is also great, but they can get a bit melancholic.

Attached: ab67616d0000b273c4696b50053affb1db795788.jpg (640x640, 83.39K)

Opeth is a lot of fun. You don't know what fun is until you play The Baying of the Hounds or Forest of October in front of your homies. Or jamming on a keyboard while blasting The Lotus Eater. Or singing the lyrics in a very over the top, Oriental manner to put a higher emphasis on SORROW. Or drink with your mates in a pub on Face of Melinda.
Caveman death metal is also fun. Black metal is fun to make. Metal is inherently fun. Morbid and serious at times, but also fun, simultaneously.

Dude I tripped and felt the same way and started listening to Animal Collective and Deerhunter lol

I like metal again now tho. It's okay to like both

let me tell you about how King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard saved metal with their hit album Infest the Rats Nest

Attached: 2654205085055.jpg (1200x1200, 259.05K)

I'm sure there's a good balance to strike

Sounds like it's BLUEGRASS TIME
youtube.com/watch?v=xWOyPSQgDXw&list=OLAK5uy_nMAK7JIqDVtKAM6XURkH6Mk5V37LQZCmY&index=2
youtube.com/watch?v=exb4NEeCBjo
youtube.com/watch?v=xtN5qkgVAVo
youtube.com/watch?v=LT5P_YL1UDA

M.I.R.V.

youtube.com/watch?v=ivZ6WKYHf3w&ab_channel=k4rg4n

Of all of the things I expected that link to be of, that was not one of them.

Attached: 742307218.png (600x860, 711.5K)

youtube.com/watch?v=cNEdxZURTaI