Every time I start to get depressed or go through some tough shit I remember how Phil Anselmo sounds on this album and...

Every time I start to get depressed or go through some tough shit I remember how Phil Anselmo sounds on this album and realize that my life isn't so bad after all.

Attached: 405153.jpg (808x800, 145.78K)

Pantera, At The Gates, and Meshuggah, the holy trinity of bands that would ruin metal forever.

Pantera is peak metal. I lift more than you. End of discussion

Good album, liked it when I was a pleb kid
Dont know 2 other band
Deftones is peak metal. I get laid more than you. End of discussion

Pantera is the heaviest band of all time even though countless bands are heavier

>Deftones is peak metal
Deftones is ultimate poser shit and only good for picking up chicks. It's also the only metal band that went viral on tiktok so it's ultimate zoomer shit.

bought that album in 1998 or 1999 and went to Disney World blasting it on a trip with my parents. I know, weird choice but it was either that or Sepultura's Chaos A.D.

>metalfags are this retarded and uptight

war nerve is the best song

that last drawn out 'fuck you all' is the single most deranged vocal performance ever put on a record

>wants to comment on metal
>doesn't even know some of the biggest two names in the genre
Regardless of what you think of them, if you haven't even heard of Meshuggah or At The Gates then your opinion on anything metal-related means literally nothing.

DE
SCEN
DING

DO
WN

Yeah going to have to disagree here. Best hands-down Pantera song is Drag the Waters

Banger album, idk why it gets hated or overlooked

as far as I can tell, the album got a lot of reappraisal in recent years and is seen as their best album by people who usually hate band. Even pitchfork reviewed it positively some years ago. I understand people disliking vulgar display of power because of the extreme macho attitude but on trendkill Anselmo sounds like he's on the verge of suicide

I didn’t know they ever played fast

That's what I'm saying, Vulgar Display is just way too much /bro fuck you/ shit, but Trendkill is real and manages some pretty good atmosphere. It's definitely their most artsy album

The only good songs were floods, living through me and 10's, everything else was just tryhard 2heavy4u shit cause phil was too doped up on heroin to sing properly.

metalfags have always been gatekeeping faggots, where have you been the past 40 years

Fucking based. I’m so sick of hearing about that shitty band.

Down>Pantera